Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Working  (Read 4452 times)

tatu54

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine Working
« on: November 03, 2003, 05:12:20 am »

After a week of messing around with Coppermine I think I finally got it to work.

I believe my main problem was letting FrontPage upload the Coppermine directory. I was told in another thread that I should do it that way. Just import into FP and then upload (publish.)

Of course, FP uses FP Extensions and FP AUTOMATICALLY puts in FP Extensions. I believe that the extensions were screwing with my install and uploading photos.

So, after deleting Coppermine from my server, and deleting my DB from MySQL and starting all over, I think I finally got it to work.

However, I am still not able to upload photos through Coppermine. I have to use an FTP program (SmartFTP) to get my photos to appear. And that is still making me crazy.

Here is my Coppermine:

http://www.southernusofa.com/Coppermine/cpg1.2.0rc2/index.php

And speaking of my Coppermine, is there an easier way to access it besides this huge URL? Or am I stuck with it as it is?

FAQ's, Read me's, documentation, searching the boards, etc... Just did not cover this "problem" I had with FP, or am I still doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help you all gave me. I am sure that I will be back for more.

Dale
duh...

moorey

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Coppermine Working
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 05:19:11 am »

Quote from: "tatu54"
I was told in another thread that I should do it that way. Just import into FP and then upload (publish.)

Were you told so? I hope that's a typo. :wink:

tatu54

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine Working
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 05:24:00 am »

this is what I was told to do. Did I read it wrong? :oops:

You upload Coppermine using FP 2002 the same way you upload anything using FP 2002. Download and unzip CPG into a single directory. Open FP 2002 and import that folder into the website. Then update the website. FP will load the CPG files. Then, you must use your web browser and enter the path to the install.php page. CPG will take it from there.
duh...

moorey

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Coppermine Working
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 05:27:51 am »

Wow scary. I read, "By the way, you should not attempt to use FP with CPG to do anything..." and that was it for me :P

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Coppermine Working
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 05:46:50 am »

I take full responsibility for my advice when it is posted in full.

You upload Coppermine using FP 2002 the same way you upload anything using FP 2002. Download and unzip CPG into a single directory. Open FP 2002 and import that folder into the website. Then update the website. FP will load the CPG files. Then, you must use your web browser and enter the path to the install.php page. CPG will take it from there.

By the way, you should not attempt to use FP with CPG to do anything but upload pictures to directories for batch uploads. Attempting to change the appearance of CPG will most likely fail, but if FP were to allow it, it would most likely destroy your installation.

This should work, and other users have confirmed that it does. If you have FP extensions configured in a way that disrupts the upload of text files, I can only shrug and tell you this is Frontpage you are dealing with, and you acknowledged that giving Coppermine to the beast was taking a chance. Indeed, you asked how to do it, and I told you how. I did not tell you that you should do it that way, and I take offense that you would state that I had.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

tatu54

• Coppermine newbie
You shouldn't be offended
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 06:51:26 am »

Because I was not accusing anyone of anything! I took your advice that you gave and the problems that were created were mine, not yours.

If I misread something it is not your fault, just mine. As I stated in that post, I have no idea what I am doing. I am here to get advice, not piss people off. Coppermine is a pretty incredible program, but some of the "help" people seem to be a bit thin skinned.

Sheesh...
duh...

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Coppermine Working
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 08:20:23 am »

No, not thin skinned, just very prickly concerning points of honor.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Coppermine Working
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 10:27:49 am »

Hey cool down everyone - just a bit of mess understanding - no offense was meant by anyone
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.