Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong and how am I suppose to do it?  (Read 4413 times)

J-Oh

• Coppermine newbie
What am I doing wrong and how am I suppose to do it?
« on: November 02, 2003, 08:52:09 pm »

I have a homepage with a speciall lay-out. And I wanna have my
photoalbum in the main-table on this site. So I tried include-tag
but then I get a error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /**/bildegalleri_test.php:9) in /**/bildegalleri/themes/helge/theme.php on line 785

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /**/bildegalleri/bildegalleri_test.php:9) in /**/bildegalleri/include/functions.inc.php on line 51

How am I suppose to make my photogallery fit in my site?
PLZ help me!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 09:32:12 pm »

you simply can't include it into your homepage with PHPs include statement - that's not the way coppermine works. It brings it's own theme/template system that let's you adjust the look of coppermine to fit the look of the rest of your site. Just do as the manual says and look a little deeper into it.
It's a common mistake beginners make; don't be alarmed - you'll get used to it. Other software (e.g. bbs) use a similar approach.

GauGau

P.S. The error you got is very common and is being discussed in detail on a myriad of pages; a good place to start is the faq: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=commonPHP errors#commonPHP errors

J-Oh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 03:56:10 pm »

I have made my own template.html and style.css. Well I have mostly edited those files from a another Theme.

So if I understand you right, I have to make my own theme.php?

But the theme.php -file is too heavy for me. Is there a place where I can get help to modify this file?

My homepage is made basicly of tables. Is there a simple and easy way to include the gallery to my homepage lay-out?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 04:26:26 pm »

if you already edited template.html and style.css this will proably do; you won't have to edit theme.php - just use the one you built your own theme upon and see if it works. If it doesn't work, provide a link.

GauGau

J-Oh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 04:37:13 pm »

Can I make a template.php ?
Since I use include for my menu etc.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 04:43:19 pm »

no you can't (it's in the readme, isn't it), you'll have to put that stuff into the theme.php
Please refer to the faq, especially to http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=customHeader#customHeader

Is there any special reason why you don't give us a link?

GauGau

J-Oh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 04:55:04 pm »

Is there any special reason why you don't give us a link?

GauGau

Sorry, there is no reason. I'm just so focused on making it work as I want. And finaly with help from here I have made it like i want.

I'm not finished, but you'll get the idea of how I want it.

Temporary adress is: http://helge.sonevalg.com/innhold/felles/bildegalleri/index.php

Thank you for all help!

gordy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 05:58:08 am »

J-oh,

please share how you did this, i'm in the same boat and want to add some includes into the template.html file and it chokes...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 09:34:25 am »

guys, you won't have to add includes: plain old static html will do fine for adding a simple menu like this.
If you absolutely need this to be dynamic, you'll have to make friends with the stuff described in http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=customHeader#customHeader
If it doesn't have to be a menu that has to be positioned outside the gallery block (e.g. a php counter script or similar), I'd go for the anycontent.php block.
If you want to improve your PHP skills there are better things to spend your time on than chewing on this menu issue IMO...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.