Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URL Displayed Incorrectly  (Read 3508 times)

equi

• Coppermine novice
URL Displayed Incorrectly
« on: December 09, 2004, 03:33:47 pm »

Might be my ignorance but within the image view the url link in file information does not work

eg For image x the file info. url reads      "gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-152", this doesnt seem to link to anything

correct url link to image is -- displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=57 as can be seen in the browser Address window

BTW is there any way of displaying just the domain../gallery  without the whole url in the browser address and display

the '/displayimage.....' bit in the URL section of image info (ie."gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-152" )

Any help appreciated

Thanx
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 03:54:22 pm by equi »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: URL Displayed Incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 03:51:01 pm »

that's not correct: the url http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=57 points to the most viewed meta album, it will be linking to the pic that ranks on place 58 of your most viewed list (the count starts from 0). As the order of this list might change, the path to the pic is relative; it will link to file A at one moment and to file B in another. The url http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/displayimage.php?pos=-152 on the other hand is an absolute url, it will never change and always point to the same file (the one with the picture id 152). That's why the field "URL" in the pic info section contains the absolute URL (this is actually a feature that was introduced in cpg1.2.1 afaik - older versions didn't come with it).

Joachim

equi

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 04:05:58 pm »

Thanx, now i understand the difference

The bit i cant get to work then is to only display domain/gallery in browser bar not whole url

and to get url info for images to be prefixed with /gallery so clicking on the url does not come up page not found

Thanx

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 04:11:08 pm »

make sure you have set your url correctly in config.  The ' Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards' is more important than it sounds.  It must be your full url, such as http://www.your_site.com/gallery/ ending in the trailing slash.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

equi

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 04:21:36 pm »

where is 'See more pictures' located
however will that provide only domainname/gallery to be displayed in browsers address window and in file infomation URL: display path but with /gallery in front of it

Thanx

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 04:24:57 pm »

It's in your config admin page, using the link in your admin menu.

You MUST set this correctly for coppermine to work correctly.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

equi

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 04:31:01 pm »

Thanx very much, as I had ecards option disabled i did not bother to fill that part in,  thats solved issue 1

Lastly how can i set browsers url link to read domainname/gallery  rather than display whole url

/thanx again

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 04:39:36 pm »

urm, what? Do you want to hide the full url from the browser's address bar? If yes, you could put coppermine into a frame, where the parent frame definition defines one frame with the width or height of 0 pixels and the other frame filling the rest of the screen, or you could use an iframe. Both methods are not recommended, most users prefer to actually see the url. There's little point in hiding it imo.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.