Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Ownership Change (HOWTO)  (Read 3882 times)

krwester

• Coppermine newbie
Album Ownership Change (HOWTO)
« on: November 02, 2003, 05:06:40 pm »

FYI, I have searched the docs, the faq, and the support forums.   I'll admit, the answer may still be there, but I can't find it.

How do I change the ownership of an album?  

My situation, I've just uploaded a whole bunch of pictures from a different gallery program (Menalto) and they are all listed under me (I'm the admin).  However, many of those albums were uploaded by other users, and I would like them to be listed under them.   How do I do that?

krwester

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 04:43:23 pm »

bump

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 04:46:39 pm »

I don't get the point, what do you mean by 'ownership'? Do you mean ownership in the file system (CHOWN)?
I must confess that I never looked into Gallery (Menalto), because I never was able to get it running on my server.

GauGau

krwester

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 05:10:10 pm »

what I mean is since I uploaded them, they are now "my albums" -- so they are listed under krwester's albums...

but I would like them to be listed as personx's albums, persony's albums... etc.
In other words under user galleries, I want these to be listed under some of the other user's names, instead of mine (since that is how they were listed in the other gallery).

The fact that the pictures came from gallery is very much incidental. And obviously, I found lots of advantages in this one, so I switched :)

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 07:38:40 pm »

You could always try changing the ownwership in the MySQL tables using PHPMyAdmin.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.