Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused on Album Properties Page  (Read 5473 times)

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
Confused on Album Properties Page
« on: November 29, 2004, 05:28:43 pm »

New to this about 4 days...trying to read everything and have most things figured out. Still stumped by a couple.

1. On the modify album page, there's no popup menu for categories. I've made categories, and I see it in the manual, but it's not on that page, so I can't assign an album to a category (or at least, can't figure it out).

2. MY album page looks different from the one in the manual. That one has radio buttons for permissions. My page has some text edit boxes with the numbers 5, 1, 1, 1 for visibility, uploads, comments, votes. But I can't find what that means and they don't seem to change through the text edit field. Wrong version (1.3.2, I believe)? Bad karma?

3. Speaking of votes and comments, I can't vote/comment on anything. Maybe not the right place to ask (sorry, just trying to get the lay of the land here), but don't know where that becomes avail. Looked in config a hundred times.

Thanks a bunch!

photos.itsa.info

Nibbler

Re: Confused on Album Properties Page
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 05:32:05 pm »

Can you post a link to your gallery ?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 06:02:46 pm »

It's at the bottom of the post and doesn't have the credits.

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 11:30:17 pm »

I'm repeating this on each of my 4 posts today, be/c I don't know which whom will see first...eek, didn't even see this little landmine I've apparently stepped on....

Respectfully, I didn't remove it. My host is Globat. They sent a note to all users telling about this great Coppermine Photo Gallery. They had an "Install" button that I clicked. That's all. Didn't add or change anything on my own that wasn't controllable through Config, and that was just themes and such.

On my own I found this site and wrestled with what I could for 4 days and asked the first question today.

With that backstory, has Globat done something wrong? I'm personally happy to give credit where credit is due, and as a software developer (alas, pre-Internet) I'm familiar with copyrights and such. Is there a missing file I can add? Do I need a full reinstall to get back in your good graces?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:17:59 am »

You should contact your host and tell them to put the Powered by Coppermine back into our script.  They should know better than to remove it, since removing it violates the GNU/GPL.

If they refuse to put it back in, we'd appreciate it if you would post their reply to you in this thread.

In the meantime, you can insert this at the bottom of your gallery:
Code: [Select]
<center>Powered by <a href="http://coppermine.sf.net" target="_blank">Coppermine Photo Gallery</a></center>
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 01:28:46 am »

I'll be happy to do that.

One question...to which file (script) do I add that line? There's about 50 of them and...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 02:06:43 am »

Put in your theme's template.htm file, before </html>.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 02:21:10 am »

Thanks. Will do. The implication is that Globat, or someone, removed that from EVERY theme (???) and so I need to add it to every theme?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 02:27:31 am »

It's not in a theme, but I won't tell you where it is because other people would use that info to remove the statement from their websites.  So, unless you allow your users to switch themes, I'd just put it in the theme you are currently using.

Your host removed the code, they should know how to put it back in.  If they don't, they are more than welcome to download a fresh copy from our site and upload the original file to each of their customer's Coppermine gallery.

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 03:06:09 am »

OK, I get it.

I've since downloaded the package from your site to try and get this right, and was stumped to not see that line in each theme.

I do allow theme changes, so I have a bit of work to do...

Ever have one of those days?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 03:22:21 am »

We're crafty, aren't we?   ;D

If you have an older version you can always do an upgrade and save yourself a lot of work.  If you use 1.3.2, you can upload the files in your root directory and the include directory and you should be good to go.  Make sure to backup your originals first.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 03:30:07 am »

And don't overwrite the include/config.inc.php file since it contains the correct information to connect to the database.

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 04:39:21 am »

I'll try the file overwrite. Now I'm wondering what version they have us installing...the name references, such as cookies in Config, are all to 132, but parts sure look diff, such as the Album Properties and in config there's a separate choice for user theme and admin theme. My new, second install (I'm planning to hyperlink two galleries...dream big, huh?) shows the credits. Whew. Tranz, am I out of your doghouse now? And this coming from one who won't download music! Honest, my intentions are honorable.  :-[

Edit: The file overwrite seems to have worked. A nice effect of that is that all my questions in this thread are now irrelevant, be/c what I'm seeing now matches the manual. I'll look through the other posts and see if any of them can go away, too.

Glad we worked that out. Thanks.

I sent a support q to globat. No answer yet. Since they're distributing lord knows what, y'all might wanna contact them in your spare time (yeah, I know). I doubt that my lil' ol' questions matter a whole lot to them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:14:14 am by itsa »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 05:31:18 am »

Of course you're out of the doghouse. :)

Maybe Globat made changes and thought it was then justified to remove the credits, which is not the case. Shame on them for removing the credits and confusing users with changes without documenting them.

That's good to know that some of your questions have been answered now that you have the version from our site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.