Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ubb on thumbnails page  (Read 3720 times)

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
ubb on thumbnails page
« on: November 29, 2004, 05:05:53 pm »

One of the themes...Igames...includes the Album Description on the thumbnails page. That's great, be/c I'm using that for credits, and it's nice to see that hooked to the pix. However, it doesn't do the UBB stuff, so all the ubb code shows, rather than links, etc.

Am I seeing this correct? Is there a way to get the UBB to interpret? Is there a way to get the Album Desc to show on the thumbnails page with other themes?

First post, so perhaps I missed this somewhere, but I tried looking...thanks...so far, it's looking really cool for my use...photos.itsa.info
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 09:34:22 pm by TranzNDance »

Nibbler

Re: ubb on thumbnails page
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 05:42:02 pm »

You won't get much support here if you remove the powered by coppermine footer.  >:(

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:59:39 pm »

Respectfully, I didn't remove it. My host is Globat. They sent a note to all users telling about this great Coppermine Photo Gallery. They had an "Install" button that I clicked. That's all. Didn't add or change anything on my own that wasn't controllable through Config, and that was just themes and such.

On my own I found this site and wrestled with what I could for 4 days and asked the first question today.

With that backstory, has Globat done something wrong? I'm personally happy to give credit where credit is due, and as a software developer (alas, pre-Internet) I'm familiar with copyrights and such. Is there a missing file I can add? Do I need a full reinstall to get back in your good graces?

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 05:26:36 am »

Fully and properly credited. Question still applies.

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 05:50:32 pm »

I've tracked this as far as theme.php, where the Igames theme has

Code: [Select]
        echo "<tr><td colspan='".$CONFIG['thumbcols']."'>".$CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA['description']."</td></tr>";

and other themes don't. It seems most of the page formation is done with template_eval, which becomes a call to strtr, but that's as far as I got and I couldn't find where the UBB codes were translated. I'm guessing that the code above just does an assignment rather than a translation (hey, I'm more used to Fortran and C, cut me a break! <G>) but hit a wall. Any clues to correcting this for UBB?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 08:39:49 pm »

You can change it to bb code by changing the line you posted to this;

Code: [Select]
echo "<tr><td colspan='".$CONFIG['thumbcols']."'>".bb_decode($CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA['description'])."</td></tr>";

Note, you can also add this line to other themes, but to work, you will also have to add '$CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA' into the global at the start of the fucntion, so it would read 'global $CONFIG, $CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA;'
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 08:46:57 pm by Casper »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

itsa

• Coppermine novice
    • itsa
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 09:06:50 pm »

Well ain't that the coolest thing!?! Thank you. Works perfectly. I'd suggest this as a permanent mod for igames theme...can't think of any downside. Personally, I'd like it for every theme, but realize that's just me. Thanks again. Today's working out a whooooole lot better than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.