Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working on modifying theme - broke something, can't log in  (Read 3582 times)

Bunny_S

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wish you were herre
Working on modifying theme - broke something, can't log in
« on: November 26, 2004, 09:50:35 pm »

Hi I hope someone has some idea how to get around this - I am modifying Reynolds, everything was going well, I must have done something quite wrong and now many of the links are inactive and I can't login (it takes the username but not password )I was trying to go back to config to look at the style sheet when I discovered that I couldn't get in at all. At the very least I could ditch my attempt at modification and replace it with an intact theme so my site would be functional.  

My site is www.greetingsfrom.ca

I have another at www.hubertkeeven.com

That is working now, I wanted to link the little js header that is on the other pages of the site to the header but I probably shouldn't attempt breaking that one too :-\\

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Working on modifying theme - broke something, can't log in
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 10:10:25 pm »

try switching the theme to classic then logging in and reset the default theme to something else until you get it fixed

http://www.greetingsfrom.ca/index.php?cat=0&theme=classic

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 10:35:57 pm »

the html by itself seems to work; I think i would suspect something going awry in your css file

Here's some things to check

Errors
URI : http://www.greetingsfrom.ca/themes/reynolds2/style.css
Line: 129 Context : .tableh1
Parse Error - : #447395;

Line: 148
Parse Error - :1em; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 10px; } .breadcrumbs

Line: 865 Context : .footer
Property align doesn't exist : center font-size

Line: 865 Context : .footer
Parse Error - : 9px;

Line: 866 Context : .footer
Parse error - Unrecognized : }

this was from the w3c Validator:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greetingsfrom.ca%2Fthemes%2Freynolds2%2Fstyle.css&usermedium=all

Bunny_S

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wish you were herre
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 02:49:26 am »

Thanks,

The first idea was good but it actually didn't work - the main page opened up in the default theme but when I tried anything (go to login etc) it went back to the gibbled theme.   The suggestion that I verify the CSS was also good, I had forgotten about doing that - fixed the CSS, got the little congrats message where it gives me permission to use the W3C logo (how do you add that to the bottom of the page anyway?)

Theme however still didn't work so I figured it wasn't html or css so it had to be the php page and I had no idea what I had done to that.

I did a series of renaming of themes - using Kaki as the intermediary (I copied it, renamed original and called the second one Reynolds2 without tampering with anything and uploaded it.  Eureka! I could finally log in. Picked the good theme. renamed Kaki back etc.

Thanks for your help - it really was useful in a round-about way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.