Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sort by custom userfield  (Read 2981 times)

stereo

• Coppermine newbie
sort by custom userfield
« on: November 28, 2004, 09:44:52 pm »

I have created custom userfields for additional picture information. In the album level you have 3 sortorder buttons wich sort by filename, date or title. Trying to find a way to make them sort by these custom field information I created myself. Main problem seems to be by wich name to call these fields. {user1} or {user_field1_name}. Your help would be appreciated. thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: sort by custom userfield
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 01:12:25 am »

actually, this is a bit more complicated. The stuff in curly braces are just placeholders that need to be defined somewhere else in your code, so you can't just simply come up with those placeholders and paste them into the code somwhere.

Joachim

sinus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 03:04:24 pm »

actually, this is a bit more complicated. The stuff in curly braces are just placeholders that need to be defined somewhere else in your code, so you can't just simply come up with those placeholders and paste them into the code somwhere.

Joachim
Hi Joachim,
I run in exactly the same wish like "stereo".
You say, it is a bit more compliclated. Well, if you say this, I a am a bit afraid ;)
Is there any chance that you could give some hints or do you think, it is really too complicated to try?

I ask this, because the title and date are not realy useful for me and also not the Filename. 
Normaly I use a long name like 2004-12-28_14-12-59_Gauklertruppe-im-Zelt and if I would use this as a filename, the problem would be solved. But to deal with files online, I do not like such long names, hence I use a short naming sheme.
I could use a fraction from these names, but I want not have the date with the pics (well, why not, this is another thing ;) ) and hence I created a userfield (in IMatch), where I can easy sort all images.

Now, if coppermine would allow me to sort for a userfield, this would be great.

Thanks for any comments
Markus

amiNuscule

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 06:52:42 am »

If you're looking for 'manual' pics sorting, you can have a look at this hack :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14793.0

I hope it helps... Cheers'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.