Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summary of Slideshow mods, flash, direct printing...  (Read 4163 times)

dgennetten

• Coppermine newbie
Summary of Slideshow mods, flash, direct printing...
« on: December 10, 2004, 07:36:04 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine (recent convert from 4Images land) . 

I'm looking for a summary of all available CPG slideshow/flash/swf mods and development activities.

I'm very interested in finding or ultimately contributing to a general purpose album-XML generator that would easily service the large and growing collection of XML-driven photo presentation utilities.  In searching, I'm finding that there are several folks here working with similar ideas. I expect that I am not aware of all the related activity.  Here are some thoughts of mine:

MPV: The MultiPhotoVideo (MPV) standard is catching on and is an obvious XML format for a general photo presentation layer in CPG. If there was a mod that generated MPV Presentation Profile albums, there are a growing collection of well-designed players that could be immediatly used with CPG.

SWF Albums: As I'm sure many are aware, there is a growing array of very-cool XML-driven swf/Flash albums available. My favorite is exposé from slooz (see Trinkets:exposé).  A quick hack to support exposé would be quite popular, I bet. Especially version 4. There's an interesting thread over at 4Images on their foray into album/xml generation and the resulting mod. 4Images keeps their images in a file structure which is particularly convenient for XML-driven presentation tools. Is it also be easy with CPG?

XHTML-print: To my knowledge, no one is yet exploiting the much improved photo-quality printing possibilities of current generation browsers. Rich multi-up template-based printing would be a terrific addition to any album. There are even standards which can now be exploited to this end: the W3C XHTML-print work. This work is being incorporated into the new Mobile Imaging and Printing Consortium's (MIPC) futures and new printers are now appearing which take XHTML-print content directly from mobile devices.  Another good resource: xhtml-print.org

Any feedback or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Douglas
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:51:59 pm by dgennetten »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.