Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Block for rating own pictures/scale of votes  (Read 4860 times)

panwac

• Coppermine regular visitor
Block for rating own pictures/scale of votes
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:51:07 pm »

I suppose, it can be good to block possibility rating own pictures in gallery. maybe it's my fault, but in CPG v.1.22 and 1.3.2 I did it during the test.

Second think: we have different education systems in the world, so for one person it's natural to have scale from 1 to 5, for other people eg. 1-10. Possibility to create own scale (with f.eg. information-title, what it means each of step - vote) would be nice for a part of users CPG.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Block for rating own pictures/scale of votes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 11:41:20 am »

You should only be able to vote once for any pic.

To change the rating system, see this post here, which although not changing it to 1 - 10, should explain what to do.  You will of course need some extra ratings graphics.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

panwac

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Block for rating own pictures/scale of votes
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 09:26:38 pm »

You should only be able to vote once for any pic.

Yes, I know about it ;) , but I can vote not only other users photos, but my own too.
Maybe it will be good to hide vote area, when author is viewing own pictures (or replace it an information about number of votes and current rating).

To change the rating system, see this post here, which although not changing it to 1 - 10, should explain what to do.  You will of course need some extra ratings graphics.

Thanks. I tray to find the answer for may questions befor I start write new topic, but sometimes it's difficult for me to use right word in search form.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.