Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying "last additions" on another page  (Read 3205 times)

TimmyJnr

• Coppermine newbie
Displaying "last additions" on another page
« on: November 26, 2004, 02:19:29 am »

Hi all,

I'm new to this board, so my apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place. It's the best place I think I could find.

I've just redesigned my personal site, to include new features such as a blog and a photo gallery - using Coppermine. On my front page, I have things like "Latest Blog Posts", "Newest Photos", etc. The blog posts are done through the RSS feed, but I'm not sure how to get my newest photos out there. Basically, something similar to the "Last addtions" section at the bottom of the gallery index page is what I'm after.

I started by looking around in Coppermine's index.php. I found that the following code displays the latest addition thumbnails:
Code: [Select]
display_thumbnails('lastup', $cat, 1, $CONFIG['thumbcols'], max(1, $matches[2]), false);So I started with that - but then got lost. I tried to work out how I could pull the display_thumbnails function into my other page, so I could call it from there, but I found nothing searching through index.php and the included files.

The page I want them on is http://www.timmyjnr.id.au/ - just on the top right, in the section marked "New Photos". My Coppermine home page is at http://www.timmyjnr.id.au/cm/.

If anyone knows where I need to look and what I need to do, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tim Malone
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 04:54:01 pm by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Displaying "last additions" on another page
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 04:11:46 am »

Have you searched the forums yet?  There are many posts relating to your topic.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

TimmyJnr

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Displaying "last additions" on another page
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 04:51:02 am »

Hi kegobeer,

Thanks - I did search the forums, and also did a Google search as well, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for.
However, I've just searched the forums again, trying different keywords and looking deeper, and I think I may have found a mod that will help.

Thanks,

-- Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.