Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't install themes  (Read 4222 times)

Philz

• Coppermine newbie
Can't install themes
« on: November 25, 2004, 05:35:58 pm »

Hi all.
I am rather new to Coppermine, so I am sorry if my questions are too noob.
I have unziped a few themes, and uploaded them into folders in my themes folder, but when I select them, the theme just go back to the classic theme? What do I do wrong? I have CHMOD them to 777?
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:37:25 pm by Casper »

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Can't install themes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 06:18:08 pm »

No reason a theme folder should be CHMOD 777 that I know of.

If everything else is working right, I might suspect a cookie problem and your browser isn't saving your theme preference. In that case a subsequent login would use whatever theme is specified in your config as default.

Do you have your browser set to allow cookies, or have any software that might be disallowing cookies from being saved.  If you post a link to the site it we could verify that.

Have you tried a different browser?

Philz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 06:23:01 pm »

I have tried both IE and firefox and none work :( The only themes that works are the ones that was with the install. Do I install them the wrong way?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 07:00:54 pm »

Could you please post a link and enable it so that we can change themes? Are you sure the themes are compatible with what version you have?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 07:48:00 pm »

Also make sure that the theme files are in the first theme folder.  This is something I have done a couple of times, unzipped the theme, uploaded the theme folder, and it did not work.  When I investigated, I found that instead of 'themes/theme_folder/files', I had 'themes/theme_folder/theme_folder/files'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Philz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 12:31:52 pm »

Yes that was the problem... my bad :)
Thank you for your help :)
Also make sure that the theme files are in the first theme folder.  This is something I have done a couple of times, unzipped the theme, uploaded the theme folder, and it did not work.  When I investigated, I found that instead of 'themes/theme_folder/files', I had 'themes/theme_folder/theme_folder/files'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.