Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture of videoclip  (Read 3723 times)

Philz

• Coppermine newbie
Picture of videoclip
« on: November 25, 2004, 10:05:19 am »

Hi all
Are there any way to get a screenshot of e.g the first frame to be a tumbnail for my videoclips?
Thanks in advance
Philz

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Picture of videoclip
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 10:20:16 am »

Coppermine cannot create thumbnails or 'screenshots' of non-image files, you will need to use another application to do that.  Once you have the shot you want, you can then use the custom thumbnail method to use it as the thumb.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Philz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 10:28:11 am »

Ah ok thanks. Which application would I need to use?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 12:08:17 am »

there are many free screenshot utilities available (take a look at http://www.download.com/3120-2001_4-0-1-0.html?qt=screenshot&li=49 or http://tucows.com/scapt95_default.html for example), but basically you can just use the built-in screenshot utility from your OS (at least on Windoze): the [PrintScreen] -key (may be labelled slightly different, depending on your locale and keyboard layout/manufacturer) will make a screenshot and dump the pic into the clipboard - you'll only need a simple graphics suite (MS Paint is fine), where you can insert the content of the clipboard into. Use the crop tools to get rid of the whitespace and areas you don't need and save it as jpeg. The key combo [Alt][PrintScreen] will capture the active window, the [PrintScreen] key alone will capture the whole screen.
If you need more options (e.g. to highlight a certain part of the screen only), my recommendation is the older (free) version of the app "Printkey" (not "Printkey Pro" nor "Printkey 2000" from the same author), because it's very lightweight, doesn't need an install (you simply run one single exe file) and has got all I need (e.g. for creating documentations). It's available here: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,5144,00.asp

Joachim

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.