Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ua.soporte.net architectural education use / running coppermine on OSX locally  (Read 3655 times)

edgarg

• Coppermine novice
    • Oblonga disrupcion visual

Hi Everyone, since awhile ago I wanted to present my project which I am developing tanks to coppermine, basically it is a new way of teaching learning the difficult subject of architectural design.

I wanted a sistem which allowed me to have the students presentings their work anytime and studentes/teachers cheching it anytime, since it is mainly graphic oriented I tought of coppermine , actually I have 200 students divided in 3 groups with 5 teachers and more than 2500 posts and growing.

I has been a tremendous success, actually I am currently invited to a education conference to present the project.

you can check it  here

http://ua.soporte.net

the second topic of my post is related since I am not sure if the conference hall will have an open internet connexion, I would like to copy the whole thing and presenting  from my Powebook, OSX as many of you might know is based in BSD so it is a kind of unix, actually It has php and you can implement MySQL support, any ideas on the translation (kinda of newbie here) actually I do not know if this post should go somewhere in support.

cheers  and big kudos keep the good work, I am not a programmer but you can have my contribution a a novelty way of usign such a great program!!

Edgar G.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

to create an offline version of your gallery simply use a tool like HTTrack. You might have to temporarily disable some meta albums before creating the offline copy to speed it up.

Joachim

chtito

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I run Mac OS X, despite the penguin ;)

If you want to download a whole site locally, you'd like to use a product related to wget. Do a search on google.

To run coppermine locally on OS X you'll have to install packages PHP prepared by Mark Lyanage (preferably version 4) and mySQL prepared by serverlogistics.
Vous pouvez poser vos questions en français sur le forum francophone !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.