Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ua.soporte.net architectural education use / running coppermine on OSX locally  (Read 3653 times)

edgarg

• Coppermine novice
    • Oblonga disrupcion visual

Hi Everyone, since awhile ago I wanted to present my project which I am developing tanks to coppermine, basically it is a new way of teaching learning the difficult subject of architectural design.

I wanted a sistem which allowed me to have the students presentings their work anytime and studentes/teachers cheching it anytime, since it is mainly graphic oriented I tought of coppermine , actually I have 200 students divided in 3 groups with 5 teachers and more than 2500 posts and growing.

I has been a tremendous success, actually I am currently invited to a education conference to present the project.

you can check it  here

http://ua.soporte.net

the second topic of my post is related since I am not sure if the conference hall will have an open internet connexion, I would like to copy the whole thing and presenting  from my Powebook, OSX as many of you might know is based in BSD so it is a kind of unix, actually It has php and you can implement MySQL support, any ideas on the translation (kinda of newbie here) actually I do not know if this post should go somewhere in support.

cheers  and big kudos keep the good work, I am not a programmer but you can have my contribution a a novelty way of usign such a great program!!

Edgar G.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

to create an offline version of your gallery simply use a tool like HTTrack. You might have to temporarily disable some meta albums before creating the offline copy to speed it up.

Joachim

chtito

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I run Mac OS X, despite the penguin ;)

If you want to download a whole site locally, you'd like to use a product related to wget. Do a search on google.

To run coppermine locally on OS X you'll have to install packages PHP prepared by Mark Lyanage (preferably version 4) and mySQL prepared by serverlogistics.
Vous pouvez poser vos questions en français sur le forum francophone !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.