Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category Permission Issue  (Read 3922 times)

RF

• Coppermine novice
Category Permission Issue
« on: November 24, 2004, 06:26:42 am »

ok let me explain how our website works and then i'll get to the question.  It's a nightlife portal where nightclubs, dj's, and users can upload files.  We have one album (CyberAlbum) set up where users have permission to upload their files.  All files simply go in there.  Then I renamed the User Gallery to "Events" and created a group called "nightclubs" where only they can upload files in this category.  Each member in the "nightclub" group represents a nightclub we work with.  All flyers and propaganda go here.  

Now recently we created a dj section where ideally dj's can create their own albums and upload their mp3's.  But here is where the problem occurs.  Can I create another category.. lets say "DJ Mixes".. and create another group "DJ's" and give them the ability to create albums and upload to this category. I tried it but the albums would go into the "Events" category, which makes sense because this is the user gallery simply renamed.

Right now i simply created an album with upload rights within the "DJ Mixes" category for dj's to upload their music.. but obviously i personally would have to create their album and all registered users can upload into this category.. which defeats the purpose.

Well I hope i phrased it right. I'm sure you guys have a simple term for this.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

here are some test accounts to play with

Group DJ
username:test
password:test

Group Nightclub
username: clubtest
password: clubtest
john

RF

• Coppermine novice
Re: Category Permission Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 08:36:33 pm »

*bump*

I hate to be a pain in the a**.  i know it was thanksgiving weekend.  any help is appreciated.  By the looks of it... it can't be done.
john

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Category Permission Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 09:00:42 pm »

Sorry, category permissions is not possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.