Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Ad Management System Are You Using? Not A Support Request  (Read 3672 times)

kindred1

• Coppermine newbie
What Ad Management System Are You Using? Not A Support Request
« on: November 20, 2004, 08:44:14 pm »

Hello,I have to have rotating ads(468x60) to either the top or bottom of the page before it goes public.
What Ad Management Systems are you using? Which do you suggest,links,etc?

thanks for any help.

I got my cpg installed,customized and about 10% of the cat/albums done. I love it! I added almost 500 files last night with almost no effort...such a nice change from archiving manually! Great job CPG staff! Thanks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 08:30:09 pm by kindred1 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: What Ad Management System Are You Using?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 06:55:48 am »

If the ad rotation is done using plain html/JavaScript (like google's adsense), simply paste the code into themes/yourtheme/template.html
If you have a rotator script that uses php (or some other server-sided scripting language), you will have to look into a custom header/footer function (that doesn't necessarily have to go to the top or bottom of your page, but anywhere you can think of) by using the custom header script (something people ask a lot for, has been described in detail many times already).
Take a look at the example here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9863.0

Joachim

P.S. The "general discussion" board is not meant for support requests (that's what the description of the sub board says as well). You're emant to use the support board that corresponds to the version of coppermine you're using. I moved your posting accordingly, assuming you're using cpg1.3.x - in the future, please be more carefull to respect board rules, and search before posting.

kindred1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: What Ad Management System Are You Using?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 07:49:55 pm »

thanks ???,but Im not sure this post should of been moved here....not sure why you thought i was asking on how to add a script...

The "general discussion" board is not meant for support requests (that's what the description of the sub board says as well).
just to clarify,Im not looking for instructions on how to add/code anything in CPG,im just looking for suggestions on what "brands" people are using or have used in the past. To clarify for the mod,This isnt a cpg support request.

but anyhow, anyone got any suggestions?
thanks for any help
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 08:28:30 pm by kindred1 »

fusionx

• Coppermine newbie
Re: What Ad Management System Are You Using? Not A Support Request
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 12:27:32 am »

I used phpAdsNew 2.0.  It works great once you figure out the interface :)

I wouldn't want to try this to work across all themes.  I only allow one, so it's not too bad.

I did a lot of work to integrate it with Coppermine in the way I wanted it. Basically, I had to find all album links and append the current category ID, then I had to find the right spots in theme.php to include anycontent.php.

Inside anycontent.php, I use phpAdsNew's Remote Invocation for Javascript method.

In phpAdsNew, I set up a zone for each category in Coppermine. I substitue the zone:xx with zone:<?php echo $_GET['cat']; ?> and it works very well.  To set up the zones to match the category ID's, I just fired up phpAdmin and manually changed the zone ID in the database.  Zones aren't related anywhere else so you don't have to worry about breaking things.

I do wish there was an easier way, because this is probably error prone in some way. I have no error messages yet, and performance isn't affected.  I now have category-specific banners above and below the album list views, gallery views, and individual thumbnail views.  It also carries through in the tabbing, and next/previous picture links (in single image view).

Take a peek at Prima Nudes - Artistic Nudes. As the title says, it has erotic photography, so be warned :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.