Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boss : Coppermine is better than Acdsee !!  (Read 6830 times)

eastwind

• Coppermine newbie
Boss : Coppermine is better than Acdsee !!
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:07:24 pm »

HI i m a total newbie on everything about LAMP and coppermine  :\'( .
Now i m doing a stage (goto entreprise working for learning because school ask about )
And i m in a company of design and architecte . They made a lot of photo and they ask me to find a way for centralise on a server .
and an easy way for using them .
My boss always ask for seeing in Acdsee 6 and see how it can be done with their feature .
I check feature and test it and i find it s very unusefull for a lot of reason ( static html generated less than 50 pictures... )
I test Coppermine using easyphp on win xp and i m sure it s the best way for do this task .
As u know i m just newbie on this and my boss ask me adding some field in database like client , location , name of mark .. .
But i dono how to do . i dono how use mysql apache and php .
is there somebody can help for that ?  i don t believe that coppermine can t do this better than this closed Acdsee ...  :-\\

Ps :  i find also a program it s quite cool for search photo ,it s name Imgseek (http://imgseek.sourceforge.net/ ) . U draw something easily and the software
search in content of photo something like what you draw by color and form . I will be happy if it s can be usefull to somebody ...
so i  not just ask , i try to contribute too .

Thankx in advance and best wishes for future .

eastwind

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Boss : Coppermine is better than Acdsee !!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 07:14:17 pm »

There is the ability to put 4 custom fields for the image description, which you can set in the config page.  Look for 'Custom fields for image description'.
There is also a hack to add more than 4 if you need them.

Hope this helps.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

eastwind

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 01:07:43 pm »

thankx a lot master for your helping

i try to add the exif field in coppermine using step by step on : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9360.0

But first it s sayd to using command ALTER table in mysql how can it be do in phpmyadmin ?
i cant add field ptime , there just mtime and ctime .... maybe i click on  wrong link in phpmyadmin .
i don t understand where i fail ...   ???

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 01:27:48 pm »

if you are having problems applying a hack or mod, please post your support request on the thread about that mod.

And I am nobodies 'master'  ;D
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 07:40:46 am »

my 2 cent: there's no point in comparing Coppermine and ACDSee: one is a online gallery app that needs to run on a webserver, the other is an app for browsing and modifying pics on a client pc. Both apps are good in what they were built for, but can't be compared. They also differ in price and licensing  ;)

Joachim

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 01:22:53 pm »

my 2 cent: there's no point in comparing Coppermine and ACDSee

Maybe there is one if it comes up with creating a webservice for a local intranet of a company.

@eastwind: what are you trying to do exactly? I understood you have to create something like a intranet picture database for that company and consider using coppermine for that, on a LAMP-based server? And the first idea of your boss was to create a static html-page with Acdsee? Right?

eastwind

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 11:02:22 am »

No my boss want a database that can be dynamic linked with word search , something can be compatible all with all system (mac and win )  and it will be easy to add new picture
This configuration sound me to LAMP config better than ACDsee  isnt ?   ???
But My boss used in acdsee so , he believe in it surely because the habit of the medium more than it s fonction .
He told me to see if in acdsee can do something like this . i don t find its  a good idea to use this soft for do that  , in all point of view .
The last personal argument for me it s because that s LAMP is used Open source Model . That proef it s really work .
 ;)

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 12:20:16 pm »

Speaking of LAMP and Acdsee, do we mean the same?
Acdsee =  (Windows-only?) graphic/multimedia viewer.
LAMP = Linux+Apache+MySQL+Perl. A basic all-in-one pack for a Linux websever installation.
You can run Coppermine on a LAMP-based webserver, sure. I guess Acdsee won't work inside a LAN with a central database - as far as i know.

It's a nice idea to use Coppermine for a company's picture database, but it's depending on what you expect of that database. If just a few admins should maintain it, and if you are happy with keyword search, then Coppermine may be a good coice. If you need something like that categories-function of Acdsee (clickable keywords) then Coppermine won't be a good replacement for what Acdsee brings to a single-desktop user. And Acdsee is a great tool anyway.

eastwind

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 01:22:53 pm »

Isn't that LAMP mean Linux + Apache + Mysql + PHP (rather than perl ) ?  Yeah i think coppermine is just suitable for the photo database .
But i m just beginner with it .I like the coppermine communty , it s quiete cool :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.