Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.4 bug report (full-size pop-up zero-height in IE6SP2)  (Read 18124 times)

jernst

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • World Wide Garage
cpg1.4 bug report (full-size pop-up zero-height in IE6SP2)
« on: November 13, 2004, 08:44:35 pm »

When I click on the intermediate sized picture the full sized picture opens in a new window as expected, but the new window is very short - too short to see the picture.  I must resize the window to see it.

I'm using IE 6 on WinXP.

-Joe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 03:35:07 pm by Casper »
-Joe

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Full sized picture coming up in odd sized window
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:42:29 pm »

what's the size of the full-size pic? Could you post a link to you test site, so we can have a look at the html markup?

Joachim

jernst

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • World Wide Garage
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 05:03:46 pm »

The image is 1152 x 872

Since I am only running cpg140 on my desktop, I have attached a zip file that contains both the window with the intermediate picture and the odd sized window with the full size picture.

-Joe
-Joe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:23:23 pm »

Sending the files like this, with only the html code but not all the associated files means all we can see is a missing pic icon in one and an unformatted page with the words but nothing else in the other.  There's nothing we can do with this.

A screenshot would be much better, plus info as to if this is the same in all themes etc.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jernst

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • World Wide Garage
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 10:28:31 pm »

I put together a ZIP file with everything you need to reproduce the problem.  Apparently there is something wrong in the "adjust_popup()" function in scripts.js.

To reproduce, unzip odd_window.zip into a temp directory and bring up the html page.  You should see the window get resized to a wide, short window that is to small to display the image.

Thanks,

Joe
-Joe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 10:41:17 am »

I can confirm this happens when using IE6 on SP2 and your browser allows all content from the site.
If it is set to block scripts ect, then it displays at the correct size, but shows the 'IE has blocked some content from appearing' message.
What fails then is the 'click to close' javascript, so I think this may be the cause of the problem.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

wongchunlam

• Coppermine newbie
cpg1.4 bug report (full-size pop-up zero-height in IE6SP2)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 11:10:11 pm »

Hi,

I know that cpg 1.4 is not have support, and I know maybe I cross post,but I just want report a bug.

I have download the lastest 1.4 from cvs, and new installation for testing, I found that when click the image to "view the full size image", the pop up windows will show minimum. I have try use another pc for testing, so i can sure this is not the broswer problem.my testing environment use to install cpd1.3.2 haven't such problem.I just want to report it, that's all.
Thanks for attention.

Sorry for my bad english.

1. Click to "view the full size image"
(http://www.hkzipmail.com/1.jpg)

2. the pop up will minimum.
(http://www.hkzipmail.com/2.jpg)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:02:00 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg1.4 bug report
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:12:09 pm »

I do not have this probem on my installation. Do you have a link we can look at with the actual page where you see this? What browser are you using?

wongchunlam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 11:20:16 pm »

http://137.189.127.132/cpg14

the pc is behind the firewall, if have problem going to, pls tell me.
I am use IE 6.0,thanks.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 11:58:57 pm »

I beleive the bug you are reporting has been reported on the 1.4 testing board, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11737.0.  Note, thread only available to testers and above.

Please confirm when you say 'minimised' you mean it opens full width, but with no height.
This does not happen in firefox, and appears to be a conflict between IE6 running on xp sp2, and the javascript 'click to close' in the coppermine pop-up.

wongchunlam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 12:19:52 am »

I see........
But why this have't happened in cpg1.3.2 ? I mean cpg 1.3.2 also have the function of "'click to close".
And even I have replace the scripts.js from version of 1.3.2 also cannot fix this problem.

Pls don't misunderstand, I know 1.4 is alpha and haven't support. acturally I also use development pc for testing.
I just want to report this problem.

Sorry again for my bad english.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 12:29:53 am by wongchunlam »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 01:32:20 am »

OK, testing my and your galleries in IE 6 SP2, I was able to reproduce the problem. I don't have the problem in Firefox.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 09:04:13 am »

Pls don't misunderstand, I know 1.4 is alpha and haven't support. acturally I also use development pc for testing.
I just want to report this problem.

Sorry again for my bad english.

No problem, we understand you are just reporting a bug and not asking for support.  We can confirm this is a bug, and we are working on it in the 1.4 testing board.

Thank you for the report. 

ps, no problem with your English, no need to apologise.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 09:53:31 am »

OK,

this is caused by the changes made to displayimage.php to make it xhtml compliant.  It all works if the pop-up header classifies the pop-up as html 4.01, but not if classified as xhtml 1.

Looking into how to keep xhtml compliance and make IE display it correctly.

Please note all further discussion on this will be on the 1.4 testing board.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 09:58:22 am »

this is caused by the changes made to displayimage.php to make it xhtml compliant.  It all works if the pop-up header classifies the pop-up as html 4.01, but not if classified as xhtml 1.

Looking into how to keep xhtml compliance and make IE display it correctly.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11881.0 also refers to this problem.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cpg1.4 bug report (full-size pop-up zero-height in IE6SP2)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 11:32:01 am »

Looking into this has shown it either needs a modification to the javascript or way it is called to work with xhtml on IE.

This is outside my capabilities. 

@ Gaugau, replacing the xhtml header for the pop-up with the old html 4.01 one cures the problem, but removes xthml validity from the pop-up.  Do you want me to commit this fix until someone comes up with the other changes required, so at least it works in all browsers?

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 11:36:59 am »

Yes please commit the 4.01 fix - till a solution is found
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 11:41:29 am »

Done, version 1.72 should display the pop-up correctly in IE.  It does for me, can others please confirm.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 02:53:56 pm »

I currently can't check out and test (I'm at work), but I can live very well with the pop-up not being xhtml compliant - nobody will probably ever run the validator on the pop-up. Anyway, just to make sure there will be no nagging comments by standards-compliance purists once cpg1.4 get's released I suggest you add this (non xhtml standards compliance of the pop-up) as an item in the "known issues" list at the bottom of the cpg1.4 docs...

Joachim

jernst

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • World Wide Garage
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 03:14:53 pm »

I'm new to CVS so I may be missing something, but I see the latest version of displayimage.php to be 1.70 (both in my CVS client and on the Web interface).

Can you doublecheck that the file was commited? (or tell me what I'm doing wrong)

Thanks!
-Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.