Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link to original images  (Read 4745 times)

Ben

• Coppermine newbie
Link to original images
« on: November 18, 2004, 11:46:54 am »

Dears,

concerning the upload (batch-mode) publishing of images with coppermine I was wondering of something.
Currently, the behavior is:
- my camera pictures (avg. size 2Mb) are on .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbum1
- using the batch-add mode, .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbum1 contains the normal_* and thumb_* images.

Right. In fact, in my case, i'm organise like this:
- my $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum* dirs contains the original pictures.
- I dot not publish all my albums, ans within an album, I dot not publish all the images (I know that coppermine allows to select images to be published).
- I want the $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum* dirs to contains only the original images (that cleaner to my point of view, since the normal_* an thumb_* images exists for publishing reason only).

Today, if I want to publish an album, or part of:
- I copy $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum2 (for example) in .../coppermine/albums/upload/
- I select, through batch add mode, the images to be publish.
- thus for about 60 pictures, myAlbum2 containts 125Mb of original images and 5Mb of normal_* and thumb_*. the 125Mb are duplicated (my fault, i'm to strict on my forlder organisation).

To avoid 125Mb lost, I must then remove the original images from the .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbums2 dir and links the original of $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum2 into that folder.

The question: does coppermine allows the user to indicate a path (can be http path) to the original images ? this could avoid the link operation. and why not, put the original images on an alternate server with higher upload rates / disk space.

Hope that I was clear enough and not to long.
Benoît Bertrand

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Link to original images
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:22:20 pm »

This has been asked a million times over, still no change: you can't store pics on a remote server, because coppermine can't perform write operations there, and because we wouldn't want to create an application that would be used million-fold to steal bandwidth (because that's the logical conclusion this feature would result in).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.