Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link to original images  (Read 4744 times)

Ben

• Coppermine newbie
Link to original images
« on: November 18, 2004, 11:46:54 am »

Dears,

concerning the upload (batch-mode) publishing of images with coppermine I was wondering of something.
Currently, the behavior is:
- my camera pictures (avg. size 2Mb) are on .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbum1
- using the batch-add mode, .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbum1 contains the normal_* and thumb_* images.

Right. In fact, in my case, i'm organise like this:
- my $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum* dirs contains the original pictures.
- I dot not publish all my albums, ans within an album, I dot not publish all the images (I know that coppermine allows to select images to be published).
- I want the $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum* dirs to contains only the original images (that cleaner to my point of view, since the normal_* an thumb_* images exists for publishing reason only).

Today, if I want to publish an album, or part of:
- I copy $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum2 (for example) in .../coppermine/albums/upload/
- I select, through batch add mode, the images to be publish.
- thus for about 60 pictures, myAlbum2 containts 125Mb of original images and 5Mb of normal_* and thumb_*. the 125Mb are duplicated (my fault, i'm to strict on my forlder organisation).

To avoid 125Mb lost, I must then remove the original images from the .../coppermine/albums/upload/myAlbums2 dir and links the original of $HOME/images/CanonD30/myAlbum2 into that folder.

The question: does coppermine allows the user to indicate a path (can be http path) to the original images ? this could avoid the link operation. and why not, put the original images on an alternate server with higher upload rates / disk space.

Hope that I was clear enough and not to long.
Benoît Bertrand

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Link to original images
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:22:20 pm »

This has been asked a million times over, still no change: you can't store pics on a remote server, because coppermine can't perform write operations there, and because we wouldn't want to create an application that would be used million-fold to steal bandwidth (because that's the logical conclusion this feature would result in).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.