Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: groupmanager changes permission to upload  (Read 6788 times)

Monsignore

groupmanager changes permission to upload
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:46:13 pm »

I installed coppermine a few days before.

There is a permanent error that occurs. I can work with coppermin, upload picture with no errors. When I look at the Groupmanager and save the changes (even if there are NO changes made!), I can no more upload pictures. There is always the error message "0 uploads were successful". I looked with the ftp-program for the chmod 777 - the directorys are set at this mode. Just as I have done before.

I installed Coppermine twice or 3 times before and there was always the same effect.

I searched the forum for a similar mistake but haven' t found. Although I know this is primarly a problem for the upload section, I think it has also to do with permission and rights.

Could you please help?
My homepage is www.gothique.org User: test password: test123  warning, some nudity
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:31:33 pm by Casper »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: groupmanager changes permission to upload
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 08:53:42 am »

enable debug mode for everyone in coppermine config, then switch to "single file uploads only" for the registered group in "groups", apply your changes, log out as admin, log in as regular user and try to upload a pic - this should give you a detailed error what actually fails / is wrong. Post the error message (not the debug output) here.

Joachim

Monsignore

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 08:54:49 pm »

Hello Joachim,

the error message says:

Es wurde keine Datei hochgeladen!

Wenn Du tatsächlich eine Datei zum Hochladen selektiert hast, überprüfe ob Dein Server das Hochladen von Dateien zulässt...

Datei: /homepages/8/d105487184/htdocs/Gothique.org/db_input.php - Zeile: 221

in english:

No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /homepages/8/d105487184/htdocs/Gothique.org/db_input.php - Line: 221

I want to add something but I don' t know if it is important: I read the documentation once again. And I found the instruction:
2.5 Safe mode issues

A significant number of webhost on the Internet run PHP in safe mode. Coppermine runs without any problem in safe mode and with the "open basedir restriction" active, provided safe mode is properly configured. Unfortunately on many hosts, safe mode is not configured properly.

If your webhost is running PHP in safe mode but is misconfigured, you may need to do the following :

* With a FTP program, change the mode of Coppermine's "include" directory on your server to 0777.
    * Do the same for the "albums" and "userpics" directories.
    * Check that at the beginning the the "include/config.inc.php" file, you have a line with : "define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);"

I searched the file and this line has not been included, so I wrote the line "define ..." into it uploaded but nothing happened.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 09:16:10 pm by Monsignore »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 09:41:25 am »

Did you make sure you have CHMODed your albums folder and everything within it as suggested in the docs. Don't just check (don't trust the display of CHMOD properties in your FTP app), but re-apply CHMOD. If 777 doesn't work for you, try 755.

Joachim

Monsignore

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 10:27:45 pm »

Joachim,

I tried out all I could. The right for "albums" and "include" with all folder under it are set to 777. I changed this a few days before and now it seems to be ok:
http://www.foto-annweiler.de/rights.jpg

I must trust in the information SmartFTP gives me because I don' t have another chance.

As you can see, there are different pictures on the homepage, so the problem occured really after using the Group Manager.

What else can I do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 10:18:01 am »

sounds like the webserver actually isn't configured to allow uploads. Are you running in safe mode? If yes, did you try the suggestion in the docs about safe mode?

Joachim

Monsignore

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 02:03:46 pm »

sounds like the webserver actually isn't configured to allow uploads. Are you running in safe mode? If yes, did you try the suggestion in the docs about safe mode?

Joachim

What I think is interesting that I had already uploaded pictures. On my second domain www.gothic4you.org (warning, some nudity) you will - if registered - also find pictures of a user who had registered. There I changed nothing.

Concerning the other domain gothique.org, it is the save server - hosted by Puretec, Karlsruhe - only another subdirectory. So, I don' t beleave that the problem is the upload itself.

I think, when I would change something in the group manager of gothic4you.org, there will be the same problem.

My next question is: can this be a problem of safe mode? How can I find, if my server is running on safe mode?

So far, Joachim, what else can I do? Please help me! I would really like to use CopperMine. But I want to have the possibility to make rules for my different groups.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 06:41:36 pm by Casper »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 08:16:26 am »

refer to phpinfo to find out wether safe mode is enabled or not.

Joachim

P.S. any special reason you disabled access to http://www.gothique.org/ (403 forbidden) ?

Monsignore

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 11:03:35 am »

refer to phpinfo to find out wether safe mode is enabled or not.

Goth, I' m really stupid ;-)
I tried and I found:
http://www.foto-annweiler.de/mode.jpg

Am I right that safe mode is Not enabled!?

With this knowledge - how can we solve the original problem, the reason why I started this topic?

P.S. any special reason you disabled access to http://www.gothique.org/ (403 forbidden) ?

You will find the system I wanted to replace with Coppermine. Thx for the hint that it was 403. Changed!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 06:52:26 am »

could some other dev team member take this one over please, as I will be away for a week? Imo a supporter will have to look into this with admin access (@Monsignore: don't post admin data, nor send it to anyone without being told so. Hopefully a dev team member will take care of this soon).

Joachim

Monsignore

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 06:40:01 am »

No one seems to be interested

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 03:31:35 pm »

I can't find a coppermine gallery at any of these links, can you post a direct link ?

Monsignore

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 11:16:01 pm »

Sry, I just started to try out Postnuke with Coppermine inside and I hope there is not the same probleme.

I will report!

Monsignore

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 04:27:35 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

could I ask for your help now, please.

Please have a look to: www.akt.sc/coppermine  Warning, not worksafe, some nudity
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 06:36:25 pm by Casper »

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 06:17:47 pm »

and that site cannot be found....

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 06:45:39 pm »

The sites are there for me.

Please pm me an admin account and password, and I'll see if I can help.

Please make sure you give warnings when posting links that contain anything that may not be worksafe.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2004, 02:32:22 pm »

This thread has been fixed.  It was a domain redirect issue.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.