Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: private user galleries viewable by unregistered viewers option but with a twist!  (Read 3988 times)

drgoodvibe

• Coppermine newbie

Hi there!

Was wondering if there is some sort of hack or option that is out there for this particular situation.

It has to do with my user's private albums. They do not want other registered users to see them, however they do not want to limit the album to only the logged in user who created the album. They want to have the option to show their private albums to other non-registered people however still keeping it private in general. Is there a way to have a password authentication that a user can set for his private album so that non-registered users can view that album and yet still keep it totally private?

Hope that made sense!!

drgoodvibe

• Coppermine newbie

hrmm I think more explanation would be needed.

in simpler terms
can a member set a password so that people can see his private gallery without having to register to the site and so on whilst still maintaining privacy?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

password protected albums will be in the next version of coppermine (cpg1.4.0) that is currently under alpha testing. There's no mod to accomplish this for the existing release cpg1.3.x

Joachim

drgoodvibe

• Coppermine newbie

thanks for the response! I will await 1.4. On another note, I have 1.3 successfully merged with IPB 2.0 would the upgrade to 1.4 when it comes out effect the bridge??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

When cpg1.4 will come out (in fact every time when upgrading) you will have to replace all cpg1.3.x files with cpg1.4 files. This includes the bridge, so yes: you will have to re-apply briding (but you won't lose users, pics, comments etc.). In fact cpg1.4 features a different approach to bridging: there will be no more fiddling with bridge files (manually edit files), but there will be a wizard that will guide you through the individual steps of bridging, the vars will be stored in the database (makinh future upgrades easier and loss-less).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.