Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: separating phpBB and Coppermine  (Read 4564 times)

unforgiven

• Coppermine newbie
separating phpBB and Coppermine
« on: November 15, 2004, 02:30:06 pm »

Hi,

I have succesfully integrated phpBB (2.0.6) and Coppermine (1.2) for some time now, but I want to separate them again. I know that Coppermine uses the same tables as the phpBB forum, so I guess I will loose my pictures currently in the Galleries. since there are more then 1300 pics in the gallery, I would appreciate it if they can be transferred to the separate Gallery. Any hints or tips on this ??

thanks,
Unforgiven
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 07:35:48 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: separating phpBB and Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 02:43:19 pm »

Coppermine only uses the board's user table, so you won't lose any pics, but you may lose the correlation between users and their pics. If you kept your old users table from before integration then you can simply undo the bridge and you should be more or less ok.

unforgiven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 02:43:55 pm »

Coppermine only uses the board's user table, so you won't lose any pics, but you may lose the correlation between users and their pics. If you kept your old users table from before integration then you can simply undo the bridge and you should be more or less ok.

Well, I've installed a fresh Coppermine, and integrated it with phpBB. So all users are from phpBB. It's not really a problem to loose the correlation between users and pics, as all pics are uploaded by one user. So, actually, it won't be a problem at all when i undo the bridge ??

kind regards,

Unforgiven

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 03:09:18 pm »

Won't be a problem then, remember you'll need to use the admin details you provided during coppermine's install to login to your gallery after the bridge is disabled.

unforgiven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 03:20:45 pm »

Won't be a problem then, remember you'll need to use the admin details you provided during coppermine's install to login to your gallery after the bridge is disabled.

Hmmm...Is there a way to retrieve them any other way or change them in some way ? I don't think I have admin details from the install....

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 03:29:26 pm »

If you are using 1.2 then only way is to look in the users table in your database. If you were running 1.3 then you could use the forgot password feature.

unforgiven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 04:03:19 pm »

Ok thanks for all the help. I'm going to give it a try.

best regards,
Unforgiven
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.