Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a good content management system that works with Coppermine ?  (Read 4274 times)

marcamillion

• Coppermine frequent poster

I am currently running CPG on my site and I want to turn the rest of the site into a dynamic site, so I am thinking of running a content management system. Which is a good one to use, that is easy to customize, works well with CPG and SMB-Board (or any good message board).  Also, how hard is it to make a coppermine photo gallery module for a content management system that does not already support CPG. My focus is efficiency and editability of the content management system, so if I can find one that is really easy to edit and I can get it customized to fit the exact look of my site, then I will get a module for Coppermine made for it. I just want to get an idea of how hard is it to make ?

Also, am looking for people that can make coppermine skins. This is a paid job.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: What is a good content management system that works with Coppermine ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 08:24:30 am »

Post about your job offer in a separate thread on the board dedicated to such issues, please (paid help/freelancer board).

It greatly depends on what you want in a "CMS". For me, a real CMS is not just another nuke clone (of course the nuke people see this differently), so I recommend using mambo, which gives you great flexibility in design. Another excellent CMS (that has no coppermine port though yet) is Typo3 - I used it on most websites I create. The nuke clone that has best Coppermine support are cpgnuke and vkpMx. The question wether it's hard to port Coppermine can't be answered that easily as it depends on your skills, but I wouldn'tr ecommend it.
The great advantage of using mambo is that you don't use a port, but the standalone version of coppermine together with bridging - this way, you can easily upgrade your coppermine install, and you won't have to bother with the security flaws and bugs that often exist in ports (and the underlying nuke clones).

Joachim

panwac

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 11:23:34 pm »

Well, what do you think about Xoops?
A time ago it was possible to find module xcgallery, based on CPG - it was fully integrated with this Xoops ver. 2xx. Unfortunatelly, xcgallery that's CPG 1.1.0.
I try to find an information about this project, but currently http://forge.xoops2.org/ is locked.

Do you know sth about it (new versions, sth like this)? And do you have the informations about the "bridge" for standalone CPG and Xoops?

Peter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:05:37 am »

I don't know Xoops, so I can't recommend it or not recommend it. The coppermine port for xoops was done by a member of the xoops community, and there's little support for it to be found. It was based on an ancient version of cpg, so I wouldn't recommend it. It suffers from the same problem all ports have: it doesn't keep track of the standalone coppermine improvements, as changes in newer versions of the standalone version can't easily be implemented into the port. Usually, the person who creates the port will have to do all support in the community it was created for, which can be quite a hard task, so most porters get tired of this. That's why I recommend using mambo, since it doesn't use a port, but a bridge file that makes mambo use the recommended way to integrate coppermine with another app: in fact, it's the standalone coppermine code, with only the user management being handled by the cms. The nuke clones cpgnuke and vkpMx (Pragma) are recommended because the porters/developers of those versions know their way around in Coppermine and are participating in the development of the standalone coppermine code as well. Both communities have good support (although you never can say how long a project will last).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.