Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just moved to a new server, Thumb/Normal images are now corrupt!  (Read 5928 times)

kfc

• Coppermine novice
Just moved to a new server, Thumb/Normal images are now corrupt!
« on: November 14, 2004, 08:02:08 am »

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:43:58 pm by kfc »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Just moved to a new server, Thumb/Normal images are now corrupt!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 08:57:25 am »

Did you check to see that your new server supports GD2?

kfc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 10:11:07 am »

My host has direct admin with Installatron and coppermine happens ro be one of the avalible scripts. But I didnt use Installatron when creating my gallery.

so my guess is yeah they have GD2.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 03:01:54 pm »

don't guess, find out: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#VersionGD and/or http://www.lanmaniac.com/gallery/phpinfo.php (only in cpg1.3.x, upgrading recommended).

Joachim

kfc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:19:18 pm »

Okay I just updated coppermine.

I will test out creating a new gallery after I get off from work. To see if the upgrade was all I needed to fix this problem.

BTW would it be smart to look into getting imagemajic installed? or is there a better type of image compression that i could use?

Thanks

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 12:31:43 am »

If you mean image manipulation (compression is something else entirely) then GD2 should be more than adequate for Coppermine usage.  If you have a host that refuses to upgrade to GD2, then I would most definitely ask for ImageMagick to be installed.  But if the host won't add GD2, I doubt they would install ImageMagick.  ;)
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kfc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 03:50:43 am »

Hum, After I have upgraded, I can no longer batch add files! Everything seems fine, just that I cant batch add pics. It tells me this...

Select directory 

This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files 

Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery

I dont see a pull down menu or anything. That text above is all I see.

Help! tnx

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 04:04:33 am »

1.3.2 doesn't allow you to batch add from the userpics or edit directories.  Create a new directory in the /albums directory and ftp your images there.

There are quite a few differences between 1.3.2 and the old versions.  Read the documentation for all the details.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kfc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 04:11:59 am »

Okay, I just went here.
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#batch_add_pics

At this section I also seen this line...
do not create folders or upload to the userpics- nor the edit-folder by ftp: these folders are used by coppermine internally and mustn't be used for any other purpose!

With version 1.2 I was uploading all of my gelleries there. And I never had one problem. I would them go to the batch add section and my uploads would be there, i would just tell coppermine where to put them. But now with 1.3 I cant use that folder?

Also in the batch add section I do NOT see this at all.
(http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/pics/searchnew_1.gif)

What dir do i need to upload NEWS pics to, and how do I point coppermine to them?

Thanks

kfc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 04:32:06 am »

kick ass, i created a userpics2 folder and put the new directory there. pics came out just fine :)

BTW my old pics thumbs and normal images where created with GD1. Is there a way to go back and recreate all of my past thumbs and normal images with GD2? gd2 looks world better than gd1.

my guess is this is in the admin section, but i dont want to goof this up :)(

tnx

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 07:39:16 am »

You were never meant to ftp-upload to the userpics folder, in no coppermine version ever. In cpg1.3.x, we're just enforcing this rule by hiding the userpics folder from your sight, that's why it won't turn up when you click batch-add. Creating a folder named differently (like userpics2) will solve the issue for you. You're advised to do a better naming though, with subfolders that mimmick the strcuture of your gallery for easier administration when your site grows (not a must though, just a recommendation).

This thread had quite a drift, may I remind you that we have a policy on this board that says "only one question per thread"? You already got several answers to several questions, please stop posting new questions on this thread. A search would have given you the answers to all of your follow-up questions, so please make sure to search first before posting qestions in the first place, and re-read the documentation.

You can re-do all your thumbnails (and intermediate pics) using the "admin tools" with GD2, which will improve the looks of the thumbs significantly.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.