Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popularity statistics option per category and per album..  (Read 3991 times)

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
Popularity statistics option per category and per album..
« on: November 14, 2004, 09:35:48 am »

Would be nice to have a simple stat available below each category and photo album that states the # of files inside, the # of views, and the % of total views that that number represents.

Example:

Category A has 400 files that have been viewed 5000 times
Total gallery views (for entire site) is: 15,000
Therefore, below Category A have it say: 400 files with 5000 views making up 33.3% of total file views.

Etc. for all the albums, you get the idea.

Anybody else interested in this idea? I'm a stat-lover ;)

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Popularity statistics option per category and per album..
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 06:28:42 pm »

nobody likes this idea, eh?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:09:18 am »

feature requests are what the name says: you request features for new versions here. Don't expect anyone to post code ready to copy'n paste here. The feature you're requesting may or may not be considered, but I guess it will not go into the core code, as it puts an unnecessary strain on the server coppermine runs on by creating additional queries - maybe someone will code this as a mod/hack. If you absolutely need it, you will have to code it yourself I'm afraid.

Joachim

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 06:49:06 pm »

feature requests are what the name says: you request features for new versions here. Don't expect anyone to post code ready to copy'n paste here. The feature you're requesting may or may not be considered, but I guess it will not go into the core code, as it puts an unnecessary strain on the server coppermine runs on by creating additional queries - maybe someone will code this as a mod/hack. If you absolutely need it, you will have to code it yourself I'm afraid.

Joachim
Understandable, and I'm not looking for an instant-fix. I was just posting the idea in case anybody out there hadn't thought of it and may think it would be valuable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.