Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album confirmation for batch uploading photos  (Read 5141 times)

roRisc

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://rom.ods.org
Album confirmation for batch uploading photos
« on: October 31, 2003, 07:47:56 pm »

I would like to see 2 fixes for the next versions.
I always forget to chose an album when batch uploading picture, thus everything I'm uploading goes into the first album in alfabetical order.
The drop down menu at the top is not visible enaugh so I'm asking for a confirmation dialog, something like: ' Are you sure you want to upload the checked photos to album ABC?'
and also...
some arrangement in the drop down menu of the albums for batch uploading, like there is for categories - indentation for easier finding. for more then 30 albums it becomes annoying to look through the list of alfabeticly arranged albums by name.

Thanks guys.
Nevertheles, this is an extraordinary script :!:

I'm using the PhpNuke module of CPG. v1.1B

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 05:57:39 pm »

issue #1....I think one of the devs was working on the option pop-up a dialog box saying something like:

"Are you sure this is the correct album?"

issue #2....This is not a bad idea, I think i would be useful to have two selection boxes.  the first would select the category, and the second the albums.  Or perhaps the simple indentation you propose would be ok, bu then the code would be tricker because the categories would have to be filtered from the selection logic since you cannot put pictures in albums.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

roRisc

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://rom.ods.org
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 10:04:20 am »

zarsky99, I was thinking about something like the following
// in the drop down menu for batch uploading :

category1
__subcategory1
____album1
____album2
__subcategory2
____sub-subcategory1
______album 3
__album 4
category 2

... and in case a category is chosen over the albums, just pop up the user with a warning :) and let him try again. or if possible make it so categories listed in the dropdown menu cannot be sellected, or if selected it would change back to ***please choose album***

OR the least.... just put the ***please choose album*** and not let the user upload unless one is chosen. :)
that dialog box is a must, at least in my case, where I have many albums with few pictures

thanks for listening :)
cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.