Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pop up full size  (Read 5555 times)

twotwenty6

• Coppermine newbie
Pop up full size
« on: November 11, 2004, 11:20:38 pm »

I have the feeling this question could be labeled as "stupid question" but I looked everywhere and I couldnt really find an answer... but maybe I am blind as a mouse and I am overseeing the answer. ::)
ok, here I go.

how do I make the thumbnails open the full size image in a pop up instead of the same window? ???
I installed coppermine on my server like 6 months ago and I havent used it since, now I want to start using it but forgot everything...

I checked and I still have the needed javascript in my template.

but how do I make it pop up?

thanks for your help!!! :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 04:15:35 pm by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Pop up full size
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 11:43:08 pm »

Link, please. What browser are you using? Is javascript enabled?

twotwenty6

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 12:04:06 am »

..I am using safari, but I dont think it has anything to do with the browser, because I have used other browsers as well (firefox and IE) on both pc and mac.

I simply want the thumbnail to open a pop up full size image instead of taking me to another full size view page.
the link is here: http://www.riding-shotgun.de/pix

thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 12:41:36 am »

Please post a link to an actual page that is linked to a full-sized picture so we don't have to hunt one down.  >:( I tried 2 and they were not linked. Also, please upload the classic theme so we can see if it's specific to your theme or not.

twotwenty6

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 02:55:16 am »

ok...
I changed the layout back to default.
I will try to explain better what I want.

if I click on a thumbnail (lets take the first one as an example) on my album page (http://www.riding-shotgun.de/pix/thumbnails.php?album=5) it takes me here: http://www.riding-shotgun.de/pix/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0

what I want it to do, is to open THAT in a pop up, instead of actualy directing the browser to that page, leaving the thumbnail page behind.

I am sorry if I can't make myself clear, I dont know how else to explain it I hope you understand what I mean...

thanks again in advance

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 04:37:52 am »

Ok, then what you are asking is not part of the code. It really helps when you explain things with actual examples. I  think it has been done as a mod.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 08:33:51 am »

afaik this has been requested before in the past, but was never actually done (or people who accomplished it never shared the code). I don't get the point of such a mod in the first place, as turning of the display of intermediate images and the page that comes with it actually cuts away a lot of coppermine's features (like rating, comments, slideshow, prev/next) etc.
There are a lot of other gallery apps that have less functionality and do exactly what you want (open a thumbnail in a pop-up) - why use coppermine with all it's features and then remove most of them?

Joachim

twotwenty6

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 11:08:48 am »

I find it so hard to explain, sorry, I am a noob on these things, so pleas bare with me.

I DO NOT want to remove any features, I merely want to open that page (with all its features) http://www.riding-shotgun.de/pix/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0 as a pop up from a thumbnail instead of being taken to it in the same frame.

The thing is I am making a page that uses frames, and the top frame is rather large so threre is hardly any room to actually view the "display image" page inside of the frame, so I'd like to open as a pop up.
have a look: http://www.riding-shotgun.de/index3.html and click on the "random image" to get to the gallery, as you see, the "display image" page, does not quite fit.

maybe you have some other suggestions????

like I said before, please have a little bit of patience with me, as I am not very familiar with this.

thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 01:50:18 pm »

edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php, find
Code: [Select]
<a href="{LINK_TGT}">{THUMB}(is in the code twice) and replace with
Code: [Select]
<a href="{LINK_TGT}" target="_blank">{THUMB}
Joachim

P.S. You just discovered one of the reasons why most webdesigners say "frames suck"  ;) It's a pity most visitors and search engines says so as well. I suggest reviewing the whole frame setup of your site.

twotwenty6

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 02:34:01 pm »

thank you for your help!
I already thought over the design before I read your answer. I took out the frames, it looked much better.
thank you anyway I think I might still use the pop up option though!.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.