Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capabilities of Coppermine  (Read 2840 times)

bigun

• Coppermine newbie
Capabilities of Coppermine
« on: November 11, 2004, 07:01:21 pm »

I took a good look over coppermine but I could not find the answer to by question:

Can coppermine be setup to where no albums can be viewed without an individual username and password?  And at the same time have that username and password be admin access to a photo gallery of their own.

To put things short, I have a group of people I'd like to setup a photo gallery for, but I want only group members to have access to those pics.  I also want the gallery setup so that each user has their own sub-gallery they can upload pics to.  Is this type setup possible with coppermine.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Capabilities of Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 07:28:48 pm »

Yes,

see this thread in the mods board for how to force any visitor to go to the login page, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3503.msg15506#msg15506

Your users can have their own albums within there own sub-cat, providing you set the groups settings correctly.

@ Gaugau, I added the above mod to the faq 6 weeks ago, but the faq on the site has not been updated yet.  Could you please put the latest one on the site.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Capabilities of Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 07:56:46 am »

urm, sorry - must have forgotten to update it. The faq page now holds the contents of the stable branch, v1.8

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.