Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhpBB + Coppermine -> In a web "mask"  (Read 7036 times)

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
PhpBB + Coppermine -> In a web "mask"
« on: November 10, 2004, 07:51:26 pm »

Hi... first of all sorry if that is the wrong forum...

I installed the coppermine stuff and I like it so much... but I don't like to link it OUTSIDE my website (with a new page)...

I'd like to place it into a table inside my website... a "window"...

But i don't know how to do it... i tryed to include it into the website but Coppermine belives have installed it un-correctly..

I tryed to modify the template.html of the skin i'm using... but the php functions of my website don't works in a html page...

How can I do? My web-site is in php and i can't transform in an html website...

I need to insert phpBB forum too in my website... now i link it in an external page...

Thanks for any help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PhpBB + Coppermine -> In a web "mask"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 05:55:06 am »

There are two ways to accomplish this: the "easy way" (that has all the drawbacks that sites using frames technology have) is using an iframe to include coppermine visually into an existing site. The more complex way (that leads to better looking results though) is creating your own theme and only including dynamic content (warning: dynamic content only, not your whole site's header and footer with all the html overhead) by using a custom header and custom footer (refer to the docs, the faq and this thread).

Joachim

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 11:35:36 am »

Ok... tanks... I was already trying to do a mine style modifiyng a old one... the problem is that the TEMPLATE is an html file and I think i can't modify the EXSTENSION of that file....

My web page is a php file and i need a php template to put it into or my server will not interpretate the php codes inside my index.php-template.html

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 11:39:20 am »

Is there a way to modify coppermine enjine using a .php template in excange of a .html ?

I tryed to find template.html in all the code... and didn't find nothing...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 12:05:45 pm »

there's a mod that let's you insert PHP into the template.html, but I wouldn't recommend that. Like I said: you're suppossed to use the custom footer/header solution and not include the full html of your regular page.
The extension of the template doesn't matter at all, it could be "template.foo" as well.
Please post the content of the files you want to include (make sure to strip any security related data if applicable).

Joachim

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 01:29:58 am »

The extension of the template doesn't matter at all, it could be "template.foo" as well.

Yes, you are right, except for the fact that a template.foo can contain html code, but not php code cause my apache+server ignores php code that is not contained in .php files...

So if i want to insert Coppermine into my site (adding it HALF to it's header and HALF to it's footer) I need that template.htm beguns a template.php...

I hope i explained myself this time :) It's hard to do it writing in a forum, and in another language :)

Please tell me more about this "mod" that let me insert php code into template.htm....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 08:15:46 am »

You're wrong: template.html never get's parsed, template.php (if there was such a file) never would get parsed. The extension really doesn't matter. Coppermine just reads the file and replaces the stuff in curly braces with dynamic content. The extension is really irrelevant.

Joachim

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 12:58:05 pm »

Sorry but i think that we are not understanding us...

YES, if there were a template.php it would get parsed, and every special tag is changed with the curresponding word...

Like if it's a .html or .txt file... i only need to find where coppermine saves it's name... so i can modify .php in .html...

However... do you got any other/better ideas?

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 04:04:44 pm »

The name is irrelevent, php won't be parsed in the template no matter what yu rename it to. Please stop arguing and accept the advice you have been given.

Nokao

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 01:52:05 am »

Wich advice !?

I still need an explanation of how do that... modifying your code myself without knowing where to do it isn't my aspiration...

I can try, but i think it's hard...

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 03:12:40 am »

There are two ways to accomplish this: the "easy way" (that has all the drawbacks that sites using frames technology have) is using an iframe to include coppermine visually into an existing site. The more complex way (that leads to better looking results though) is creating your own theme and only including dynamic content (warning: dynamic content only, not your whole site's header and footer with all the html overhead) by using a custom header and custom footer (refer to the docs, the faq and this thread).

Joachim

Review this in particular: this thread. .

You may also not need to incorporate both sites one inside the other. I wrote a theme interpreter for my own site that works in conjuction with the hardwood cpg theme. I run the gallery and my site side by side.

The overview is such: my docs are installed at "/" of the webserver. I upload a copy of the theme keeping the same dir structure as the coppermine theme for my web interface to use. (meaning, I actually have two copies of the theme on the website, one for my web to use, the other for coppermine to use. I didn't want to redirect all the paths in my index.php because it would make it impossible to continue updating the theme for both uses. Having the two copies allows me to make my interpreter independent and I can update both copies at any time, and won't have to recode anything.)  I have Coppermine installed in /cpg.

My theme includes a home button, thats what hooks the site together. Gallery on my main site will take you to the themed CPG install. Clicking Home in CPG takes you back to my themed web page. It looks seamless to the user.

See how it works: http://www.blueoxhardwoodflooring.com

Included is the interpreter that I wrote for the web page.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 07:47:24 pm by donnoman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.