Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.2/PhpBB2  (Read 51784 times)

shutiri

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2004, 12:56:57 pm »

I think I know what I f***ed up.

I have just read this:

Cookie settings for CPG/phpBB integration

for phpBB2
Cookie domain: www.yoursite.com
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /

for Coppermine
cookie name: cpg11d
cookie path: /

But in the readme from the package, on the integration topic, I misunderstood this info:

If you are using phpBB 2, go to the admin control panel and check that "Cookie domain" corresponds to your domain, "Cookie name" is "phpbb2mysql" and "Cookie path" is "/". and I change the "cookie name" on CPG, not in phpBB.

Now, I can't get into the admin of CPG to change it, because even if I get correctly logged to the admin panel, when I click on config I get this "You don't have permission to access this page".

How do I change the cookie name on the code ?

thank you.
shutiri

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2004, 03:37:24 pm »

Please post lines 30 - 32 of your phpbb.inc.php here.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2004, 03:40:29 pm »

You can change your cookie name back using your database tool, such as phpMyAdmin, and going to the cpg_config table.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

shutiri

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2004, 05:13:21 pm »

Hi, Casper.  I'll try on the db.

these are the lines 30-33 (I've included 1 more, because of the change I did on 33):
// The web path to your phpBB directory
// In this example http://yoursite_name.com/phpBB2/
define('PHPBB_WEB_PATH', '/foro/');
define('PHPBB_LOGOUT_GET', TRUE);

thank you.
shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2004, 05:39:51 pm »

nop... 
I think it is working a little better (inside), but I get a lot of blank pages.  when I type the URL after doing some tasks, it tries to work.  Could somebody check it out, please ?

user: test
pass: test.

thank you, you're great.
shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2004, 01:21:45 am »

I understand a little bit better the symptoms now.  It's simple: the complete login/logout tasks in CPG is not working.

To login in CPG, I need to login first in phpBB.  If not, when I try to login in CPG, I get a blank page.
When logged in phpBB, I go to CPG, totally logged (that's the good difference after changing the cookie name in the db  ;)).  But if I try to logout from CPG, I get a blank page too.

Can somebody help ?  I think I could just take away the login/logout buttons form the CPG panel, but that's not the ideal solution.  I would like people to log directly in the pictures gallery without having to log in the forums.

Thank you for all your help.
Shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2004, 01:43:42 am »

Sorry about all separate posts.  I think the process is working, but I can't see it (that's what I meant about "inside").

- When I log in CPG (it does this through the phpBB login page, I think this is normal), it takes me to a blank page, but I'm actually logged in:  if I write the URL to my CPG (after login >> blank page), it takes to the CPG panel, apparently not logged in, but when I click on login,  it says "You are already logged in !" and everything works fine.
- When I logout from CPG, it takes to a blank page BUT not logged in anymore:  If I write the URL to my phpBB, it takes me to the login page (not logged in) and if I write the URL to my CPG, it takes me to the cpanel, apparently logged in, but when I click on anything, I see this "You don't have permission to access this page".  So, I'm not really logged in.

That's it...  It seems a little complicated but the inside process is working (login/logout), it's just that the redirection takes to blank pages in the middle.  How do I take away these blank pages ?

thank you,
shutiri.

mscrw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2004, 09:06:00 pm »

I installed CPG 1.2.0 last year and it works great!  I currently have over 200 users and almost 4000 photos.  Yesterday I finished installing PHPBB 2.0.8 and it is also working fine.  I want to integrate the two, but it seems that the normal procedure is to install PHPBB first and then CPG.

Can I integrate them without losing any photos or user info?  Will the CPG user's info (username/password) apply to PHPBB or will they need to register again?

Is there a special integration procedure for this, or should I just follow the steps in the readme file?

Thanks.

shutiri

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2004, 06:48:15 am »

Hi. 

I just have integrated CPG with SMF board (the one on this page).  Trying to integrate phpBB and CPG for days, but it was not possible (a real PITA).  I would strongly recommend you to reconsider your forum choice.

shutiri.

MichaelWhi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2004, 05:14:14 pm »

Thanks again,
the cookie names of both is phpbb2mysql, when cookie domain name is blank in phpbb.

is it right?
Thank you
Antoine

Hi! Set your PHPBB2-Cookiedomain to your Webserverdomain (without leading http:// ).
e.g.: Board and Gallery run at http://www.yourdomain.com/phpb22/ and http://www.yourdomain.com/cpg/ set your cookiedomain to "www.yourdomain.com".

This should solve the problem, that users get logged out although they didn't hit the Logout-Button....

Does it work now?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2004, 05:29:49 pm »

The cookie names MUST be different.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.