Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.2/PhpBB2  (Read 51654 times)

shutiri

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2004, 12:56:57 pm »

I think I know what I f***ed up.

I have just read this:

Cookie settings for CPG/phpBB integration

for phpBB2
Cookie domain: www.yoursite.com
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /

for Coppermine
cookie name: cpg11d
cookie path: /

But in the readme from the package, on the integration topic, I misunderstood this info:

If you are using phpBB 2, go to the admin control panel and check that "Cookie domain" corresponds to your domain, "Cookie name" is "phpbb2mysql" and "Cookie path" is "/". and I change the "cookie name" on CPG, not in phpBB.

Now, I can't get into the admin of CPG to change it, because even if I get correctly logged to the admin panel, when I click on config I get this "You don't have permission to access this page".

How do I change the cookie name on the code ?

thank you.
shutiri

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2004, 03:37:24 pm »

Please post lines 30 - 32 of your phpbb.inc.php here.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2004, 03:40:29 pm »

You can change your cookie name back using your database tool, such as phpMyAdmin, and going to the cpg_config table.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

shutiri

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2004, 05:13:21 pm »

Hi, Casper.  I'll try on the db.

these are the lines 30-33 (I've included 1 more, because of the change I did on 33):
// The web path to your phpBB directory
// In this example http://yoursite_name.com/phpBB2/
define('PHPBB_WEB_PATH', '/foro/');
define('PHPBB_LOGOUT_GET', TRUE);

thank you.
shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2004, 05:39:51 pm »

nop... 
I think it is working a little better (inside), but I get a lot of blank pages.  when I type the URL after doing some tasks, it tries to work.  Could somebody check it out, please ?

user: test
pass: test.

thank you, you're great.
shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2004, 01:21:45 am »

I understand a little bit better the symptoms now.  It's simple: the complete login/logout tasks in CPG is not working.

To login in CPG, I need to login first in phpBB.  If not, when I try to login in CPG, I get a blank page.
When logged in phpBB, I go to CPG, totally logged (that's the good difference after changing the cookie name in the db  ;)).  But if I try to logout from CPG, I get a blank page too.

Can somebody help ?  I think I could just take away the login/logout buttons form the CPG panel, but that's not the ideal solution.  I would like people to log directly in the pictures gallery without having to log in the forums.

Thank you for all your help.
Shutiri.

shutiri

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2004, 01:43:42 am »

Sorry about all separate posts.  I think the process is working, but I can't see it (that's what I meant about "inside").

- When I log in CPG (it does this through the phpBB login page, I think this is normal), it takes me to a blank page, but I'm actually logged in:  if I write the URL to my CPG (after login >> blank page), it takes to the CPG panel, apparently not logged in, but when I click on login,  it says "You are already logged in !" and everything works fine.
- When I logout from CPG, it takes to a blank page BUT not logged in anymore:  If I write the URL to my phpBB, it takes me to the login page (not logged in) and if I write the URL to my CPG, it takes me to the cpanel, apparently logged in, but when I click on anything, I see this "You don't have permission to access this page".  So, I'm not really logged in.

That's it...  It seems a little complicated but the inside process is working (login/logout), it's just that the redirection takes to blank pages in the middle.  How do I take away these blank pages ?

thank you,
shutiri.

mscrw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2004, 09:06:00 pm »

I installed CPG 1.2.0 last year and it works great!  I currently have over 200 users and almost 4000 photos.  Yesterday I finished installing PHPBB 2.0.8 and it is also working fine.  I want to integrate the two, but it seems that the normal procedure is to install PHPBB first and then CPG.

Can I integrate them without losing any photos or user info?  Will the CPG user's info (username/password) apply to PHPBB or will they need to register again?

Is there a special integration procedure for this, or should I just follow the steps in the readme file?

Thanks.

shutiri

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2004, 06:48:15 am »

Hi. 

I just have integrated CPG with SMF board (the one on this page).  Trying to integrate phpBB and CPG for days, but it was not possible (a real PITA).  I would strongly recommend you to reconsider your forum choice.

shutiri.

MichaelWhi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2004, 05:14:14 pm »

Thanks again,
the cookie names of both is phpbb2mysql, when cookie domain name is blank in phpbb.

is it right?
Thank you
Antoine

Hi! Set your PHPBB2-Cookiedomain to your Webserverdomain (without leading http:// ).
e.g.: Board and Gallery run at http://www.yourdomain.com/phpb22/ and http://www.yourdomain.com/cpg/ set your cookiedomain to "www.yourdomain.com".

This should solve the problem, that users get logged out although they didn't hit the Logout-Button....

Does it work now?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2004, 05:29:49 pm »

The cookie names MUST be different.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.