Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.2/PhpBB2  (Read 51780 times)

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« on: October 31, 2003, 01:37:42 pm »

Hello,
I installed the new Coppermine 1.2 , and it is running correctly. And I integrated it with phpBB2 which is working properly.
Now when i run the integration by uncomment // define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb'); to
define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb'); ---- the users are recognized but when I click on any link, i have:

""You don't have permission to access this page.""

If i go back and comment define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb'); to
// define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'phpbb');  ---- it works!!!

Any hint please?

Thanks
Antoine

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 09:02:33 pm »

Quote from: "README.html"
Once you have completed the installation, login using the admin account of your board. Go to the gallery, enter admin mode and click on the "Groups" button. This will synchronize Coppermine groups with those of your board. The permission you will see for each group will be completely messy, so take some time to set them properly.

I presume that's the reason of your problem...

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:06:21 pm »

Quote from: "Titooy"
Quote from: "README.html"
Once you have completed the installation, login using the admin account of your board. Go to the gallery, enter admin mode and click on the "Groups" button. This will synchronize Coppermine groups with those of your board. The permission you will see for each group will be completely messy, so take some time to set them properly.

I presume that's the reason of your problem...

I have the four default Groups, most are set to yes.  Do i have a new group related to the board phpBB2??
 :oops:
Thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 11:24:39 am »

if the integration between cpg and phpbb works correctly, then you should have the same groups in coppermine groups settings as in phpbb. If you don't have a group that exists in phpbb, than your integration doesn't work. Try logging out, delete all cookies and login again (in phpbb).

GauGau

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 07:03:34 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
if the integration between cpg and phpbb works correctly, then you should have the same groups in coppermine groups settings as in phpbb. If you don't have a group that exists in phpbb, than your integration doesn't work. Try logging out, delete all cookies and login again (in phpbb).

GauGau

Thanks for your reply,
separetely from phpbb, cpg is working good.
seperately from cpg, php is working good.

I have no Groups in phpbb, and i have the four default in cpg: Admin, registered, Anonymos and banned.

Now when I run the integration , i have the error that I don't have the permission to do this...

What could be the problem?
Thanks
Antoine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 08:34:18 am »

hard to say without looking into this. Please post links and a test account.

GauGau

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 11:42:08 pm »

hard to say without looking into this. Please post links and a test account.

GauGau

Take a look please:
BOTH ARE DRAFT COPIES (TEST) feel free to test it
http://akkar.com/phpBB2/login.php
admin.  username is akkar and the p. is the same.
Thank you again gaugau
Antoine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 07:46:20 am »

login is not persistent: if I click around on your gallery I'm not recognized anymore, although I've set up my browser to accept all cookies.
My guess is that you did some strange things with the cookie settings: what's the name of your phpBB cookie, what's the name of your coppermine cookie?
(if you can't stay logged in to coppermine to check this in your config, use phpMyAdmin, table cpg11d_config)

GauGau

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 07:37:48 pm »

login is not persistent: if I click around on your gallery I'm not recognized anymore, although I've set up my browser to accept all cookies.
My guess is that you did some strange things with the cookie settings: what's the name of your phpBB cookie, what's the name of your coppermine cookie?
(if you can't stay logged in to coppermine to check this in your config, use phpMyAdmin, table cpg11d_config)

GauGau

Thanks again,
the cookie names of both is phpbb2mysql, when cookie domain name is blank in phpbb.

is it right?
Thank you
Antoine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 09:48:46 pm »

change the cookie name of coppermine to something else (default name is ok) and delete all cookies from your domain on your hard disk.

GauGau

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 08:37:57 pm »

change the cookie name of coppermine to something else (default name is ok) and delete all cookies from your domain on your hard disk.

GauGau

Hello again,
I tried different cookie names for coppermine (the default included) but it is not working:
sometimes it recognizes me and sometimes no.
Sorry for bothering you again:)
Antoine

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2003, 09:56:22 pm »

I tried to integrate phpBB 2.0.6 and CPG 1.2RC2 and I have exactly the same problem :?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2003, 11:47:15 pm »

I'm no phpBB-expert (but who is in fact?), but I'm tempted to claim this is a phpBB problem: if I log in to phpBB with the pw you provided, go to the gallery, click around a while (I'm not allowed to do much since I'm not recognized) and return to the phpBB page, even phpBB doesn't recognize me (I was logged out again, although I never clicked on "logout" anywhere.
Try this: test the persistence of the cookie by commenting out the integration stuff in the bridge file, delete all your cookies from the hard drive, log into phpBB, click around in phpBB for a while, go to coppermine (which should be standalone at that moment), return to phpBB (not clicking "back" but going there again by entering the url and check if you're recognized from phpBB again.
Please report here what your results were.

GauGau

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2003, 12:16:40 pm »

No problem with phpBB alone...
When both are "bridged", I connect to phpBB, then I go to Coppermine and I see the user menu but when I click on any item I got an "Error. You don't have permission to access this page." and I'm logged out from Coppermine. But if I click on Login, I'm dispatched to phpBB where I'm still logged in...

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2003, 06:39:51 pm »

I'm no phpBB-expert (but who is in fact?), but I'm tempted to claim this is a phpBB problem: if I log in to phpBB with the pw you provided, go to the gallery, click around a while (I'm not allowed to do much since I'm not recognized) and return to the phpBB page, even phpBB doesn't recognize me (I was logged out again, although I never clicked on "logout" anywhere.
Try this: test the persistence of the cookie by commenting out the integration stuff in the bridge file, delete all your cookies from the hard drive, log into phpBB, click around in phpBB for a while, go to coppermine (which should be standalone at that moment), return to phpBB (not clicking "back" but going there again by entering the url and check if you're recognized from phpBB again.
Please report here what your results were.

GauGau

I tested the following:
First, I deleted all cookies on my hard disk.
I uncommented the the integration in /include folder file int.inc, I logged into phpBB and I clicked around for a while.
After that, I went to cpg (not hitting the back bottom) and I clicked around, after this I came back to phpBB where I were still recognized.
I repeated this operation and I also logged into cpg (which is standalone when runs alone) and then i went to phpBB where I were still recognized.

you said: "test the persistence of the cookie by commenting out the integration stuff in the bridge file" how to so in the bridge file?

Thanks
Antoine

ps: I am not expert neither in phpBB nor in coppermine, what if I send you a PM with the FTP access account, so you can examine the problem?
Let me know

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2003, 11:00:39 pm »

Antoine,

I'm afraid your ftp access data won't solve this problem. I told you crap: you were right in disabling the integration in init.inc.php - the bridge file doesn't have to be touched.

I'm rather running out of ideas...

GauGau

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 02:50:37 pm »

Did someone successfully integrate CPG 1.2 with phpBB or another BBS ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 03:35:50 pm »

I was successfull with cpg and yabbse.

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 04:34:21 pm »

Quote from: "antoined"

I tested the following:
First, I deleted all cookies on my hard disk.
I uncommented the the integration in /include folder file int.inc, I logged into phpBB and I clicked around for a while.
After that, I went to cpg (not hitting the back bottom) and I clicked around, after this I came back to phpBB where I were still recognized.
I repeated this operation and I also logged into cpg (which is standalone when runs alone) and then i went to phpBB where I were still recognized.

you said: "test the persistence of the cookie by commenting out the integration stuff in the bridge file" how to so in the bridge file?

Thanks
Antoine

ps: I am not expert neither in phpBB nor in coppermine, what if I send you a PM with the FTP access account, so you can examine the problem?
Let me know

Maybe I could help out?

phpBB cookiesetup:
Code: [Select]

Cookie domain    www.akkar.com
Cookie name      phpbb2mysql
Cookie path         /
Cookie secure    off
Session length    3600

CPG cookiesetup:

Cookie name      cpg11d
Cookie path         /

Bridgefile phpbb.inc.php

// In this example http://yoursite_name.com/phpBB2/
define('PHPBB_WEB_PATH','http://www.akkar.com/');

define('PHPBB_COOKIE_PREFIX','phpbb2mysql');// The prefix used for board cookies

// Group definitions
define('PHPBB_ADMIN_GROUP', 1);
define('PHPBB_MEMBERS_GROUP', 2);
define('PHPBB_GUEST_GROUP', 3);
define('PHPBB_BANNED_GROUP', 4);

Above works for me.
DaMysterious.

antoined

• Coppermine newbie
CPG 1.2/PhpBB2
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 09:01:17 pm »

Still not working!!!!
Your integration is with CPG 1.2.0???

Antoine
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.