Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to change the Thumbnail Directory ?  (Read 3854 times)

rostros

• Coppermine novice
Is it possible to change the Thumbnail Directory ?
« on: November 09, 2004, 01:12:41 pm »

This is a very strange question i know and you are probabily thinking why the hell do you need to change the Directory Path.

Well..

I wish to add a .HTACCESS to the albums area, as I wish to use an external membership script rather than using the coppermine users script.

If a .htaccess is added now in the /albums DIR , the site would load, but ! the thumbnails and everything else would not.

If the thumbnails were in a Directory outside of the albums then they would appear and when a Guest trys to click on to view full size the .htaccess will kick in.

Would this be to much work ?

Nibbler

Re: Is it possible to change the Thumbnail Directory ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 01:18:51 pm »

Off the top of my head - change the thumbnail prefix to include a path like thumbnails/thumb_ . I don't know how well that would work though.

rostros

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:33:30 pm »

Off the top of my head - change the thumbnail prefix to include a path like thumbnails/thumb_ . I don't know how well that would work though.

I can give it a try, Can i put the full unix path into this area, as I need to store the thumbnails outside of the albums area, what you have suggested above would look like this

rostros

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 01:37:04 pm »

Yes i was thinking of try that but i have realised that if you have an .htaccess file in the root folder of albums, then even if the thumbnails folder was setup like albums/thumbnails , the .htaccess file would still kick in, i would require to put the thumnails outside of the albums directory , would a full unix path like /home/rostros/public_html/gallery/thumbnails work ?

The other way i could do this is change the thumbnail format ext to .gif and allow the .htaccess to show .gif and block .jpg ?

any help would be appricated

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 01:45:43 pm »

Put a second .htaccess file into the thumbnails directory to override the first one. Full unix paths won't work, it has to be url based.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 07:36:10 am »

[moderation, off topic]
@rostros: this is not a feature request, but a request for support. It shouldn't have gone into the "feature requests" board in the first place. Please post what coppermine version you are using, so we can move it to the proper support board.

Joachim
[/moderation]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.