Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differents rights for 1 Admin, 1 Uploader, and the rest are Registered Users  (Read 2459 times)

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website

Dear All Coppermine's Users,

Differents rights for only 1 Admin, only 1 Uploader, and the rest are Register Users

Some Admin Wishes.
Maybe already post in the past, but maybe not like that in this subject.
My wish is :
How To To: ;-)

1/ I'm the unique Administrator, with a full access to config.php and i can upload
2/ My friend is the "UpLoader". with only permission to Upload our pictures, no acces to admin.php (and can view all pics of course)
3/ And all the Register Users, who can view high-res photos only after register, but with no rights to create their own Albums, only view hi-res pics.  ("view only in H-R" solved by myself and the Coppermine's Help)
  (understand something ? ;-)  )
ps : In my Gallery, there is only one Category, the first one after install Coppermine 1.3.1 (/albums/userpics/10001) but 10 Albums.

Thanx for your help.
Pascal

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Create one group using coppermine's group manager, label it "uploaders" and set "Can upload files" (and if you want "Can have a personal gallery") to "yes" for this group and for the admin group, set it to "no" for all other groups.
Then create the user account (if it doesn't already exist) for the uploader guy and make him member of the "registered" and "uploaders" group.
Change the properties of the albums in public galleries the file uploads should go to (" Visitors can upload files" to "yes") and you're done.

This is a rather trivial setup, there's no special moding needed, and this should all be quite clear considering the docs.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.