Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OMG - All My Picutres ar Gone !!!  (Read 5790 times)

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
OMG - All My Picutres ar Gone !!!
« on: November 09, 2004, 01:42:19 pm »

Hi All!

I was goigng to check my website, like I do it Daily, and i'm just desperated!
All the pictures from my site are GONE, they are not viewable, but they still on server (I've checked with my FTP Client).

I guess it might be a problem with ImageMagik?
What would it be?

Does anybody has a clue or this issue i should check with my WebHost?

Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 07:25:07 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: OMG - All My Picutres ar Gone !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 01:48:08 pm »

link.

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 02:02:42 pm »

Yeah, sorry i forgot the link:

http://album.stevehuang.net

Thanks in advance.

kiig

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Igel's Journaler
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 02:07:36 pm »

can you check the access rights on the some of the files with your FTP client ? at one time, - I accidently changed them so only 'root' could access them, - and the effect was like yours, - no images at all....
Kim Igel
http://igel.it (Personal playground) or http://foto.igel.it (Paypal shop-site)

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 02:10:25 pm »

Thanks Kigg, for sharing your experience, but i just 'double checked' them, and all the permissions ar 0777 from ALBUMS directory thru USERPICS, and the pictures (.jpg) files themselves.

Thanks anyway. But it still not working.

I was wondering if it has something about the other CPG script that i have installed, but when I installed another CPG (under another SUBDOMAIN and of course, another SQL DataBase name) this actual site were running just fine, it just stopped working today. :/

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 02:21:35 pm »

3 issues I can see here:

1) your userpics directory is password protected.
2) You seem to have lost GD on your server and whatever photo.php does (watermarking ?) requires it.
3) The powered by coppermine footer is missing.

kiig

• Contributor
    • Igel's Journaler
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 02:26:13 pm »

I checked the source of your images, - and tryed it directly in the browser and it says : Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/stevehu/public_html/album/photo.php on line 7

Might ring a bell for someone ?

Another thing : I still think it's access-rights related.. If I put this in my browser : http://igel.it/gallery/albums/kameratest/2004_08_06_183744.JPG

which is a direct link to one of my images on my server, - it works.

If I do the same on your site, - guessing I could use : http://album.stevehuang.net/albums/userpics/Olimpia/normal_IMG_0617.jpg I'm asked to log in, - as if "not accessable for the public"

It doesn't ring a bell for me, - but It might trigger someone else to get inspired towards a solution for you... :-)

Kim Igel
Kim Igel

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:41:01 pm »

Kiig and Nibbler:

Thanks for your guys effort (specially Kiig, who took some time to check my site) and you both guys are right, my USERPICS directory are password protected (i did it once, for what reason i can't remember), but it worked fine for what? almost 8 months, and just now it got "weird".

I just removed the PASSWORD PROTECTED and it still not working.

I've logged in into my CPG admin panel, and checked these values at CONFIG:

Default mode for directories   0755
Default mode for pictures      0644

Just for record, the website was showing the pictures perfectly, and suddenly it's all gone, i haven't made any change into Config file or something.

Thanks again. But it's not working yet, even removing the Password Protected Directory.

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 02:44:19 pm »

3 issues I can see here:

1) your userpics directory is password protected.
2) You seem to have lost GD on your server and whatever photo.php does (watermarking ?) requires it.

1) Solved - It's not protected anymore.
2) Woudl it use GD? Because i used only ImageMagik and PHOTO.PHP does input a WaterMark.
3) I got this STYLE.CSS to fit my LayOut and it changed it's color, but it's still there (and if you check my Page SOURCE you'll see credits to Coppermine), I'm working on another album, to replace this old version, and in this new layout i'll insert a Icon for coppermine, thrust me, "stealing" credits from CPG Project/Team was never on my plans.

Thanks for you reply.

kiig

• Contributor
    • Igel's Journaler
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 02:53:34 pm »

When I try this : http://album.stevehuang.net/albums/userpics/Olimpia/normal_IMG_0617.jpg I do get the image :-) so the password protect thing solved this.

My guess is that your photo.php has a problem now (that's the watermark thing right?) so either investigate it (it might need access to another part of your site) or try to remove it entirely (just to test it though)....
Kim Igel

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 03:02:13 pm »

I don't know if the password protection was the issue, just saying it prevented me from checking the files were there and  had correct permissions. The error message states imagecreatefromjpeg was not found, imagecreatefromjpeg is a GD function. Your photo.php requires imagecreatefromjpeg and imagecreatefromjpeg requires GD. Simple as that.

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 03:22:22 pm »

Well, I tried to Remove the WaterMark feature but instead of doing that, first i oppened a Support Tickted into my WebHost Server to check if my GD is running fine or not. If the answer is no i'll try to remove the Photo.PHP feature.

The reason I wanted to check this first, is because the ThumbNails does not have WaterMark, and they aren't showing either.
I don't know if this has something to be about this problem, but to save some 'work' on running backups re-editing php files, i would like to check with my Support first.

Thanks for all your help.
I'll let you guys Updated with this thread, just check it back.

Thanks again, Kiig and Nibbler.

Steve.H

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 11:00:16 pm »

Hey Kiig and Nibbler, everything is perfect now.
Nibbler was correct, that was a problem with the GD.

I just asked my webhost to check it, and this is what I got in response:

We will restoure the Apache with GD.

And it's ok now.
Thanks for your help guys!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 07:22:54 am »

[...]

3) I got this STYLE.CSS to fit my LayOut and it changed it's color, but it's still there (and if you check my Page SOURCE you'll see credits to Coppermine), I'm working on another album, to replace this old version, and in this new layout i'll insert a Icon for coppermine, thrust me, "stealing" credits from CPG Project/Team was never on my plans.

Making the "Powered by Coppermine" invisible is as bad as completely removing it. The license clearly says that obstructing it in any way is not allowed.
May I remind you all we have a policy on this board that says "No support for those who removed the copyright notice"? Saying it happened by accident is a very poor excuse - there is no theme that ships with coppermine that sets the css class "footer" to white afaik, so you definitely have deliberately set it to white - you should know how to set it to a color that is visible. You can savely switch it back to white once you have accomplished the graphical link (banner/button). It will take you less then 30 seconds to make it visible again. Do so now, and do so permanently, not only to please supporters here, but to show your appreciation for the work a lot of people have put into Coppermine. Not too much to ask for imo.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.