Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error - Help!!  (Read 5917 times)

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
Fatal Error - Help!!
« on: November 15, 2004, 05:12:32 am »

Can someone help me? At the bottom of my gallery it says this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cpggetuserdata() (previously declared in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php:45) in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 45

Why should I do? Here's the URL of the gallery: www.hduff.net/iluvhil/gallery. It says it at the bottom of the index
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 12:58:17 pm by GauGau »
Check out my gallery: www.hduff.net/iluvhil/gallery - Dedicated to the wonderful Hilary Duff!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fatal Error - Help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 07:15:28 am »

obviously you have modified some files - post your modfications, or get fresh (unmodified) files from the coppermine package and re-upload them.

Joachim

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 06:06:29 am »

Hi, thanks for your help. I reuploaded it... but when I did everything disappeared! Now all that's on the index is this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cpggetuserdata() (previously declared in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php:44) in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 431
Check out my gallery: www.hduff.net/iluvhil/gallery - Dedicated to the wonderful Hilary Duff!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 06:10:59 am »

did you enable bridging? If yes, temporarily disable it - you appear to have made an error here.

Joachim

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:17:40 am »

I was able to get the index back, but it still says the same message at the bottom except now its on Line 44:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cpggetuserdata() (previously declared in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php:44) in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 44

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 06:25:20 am »

Enable bridging... ? Sorry I dont know how to disable it.  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 06:32:43 am »

Hm, but where on earth do you mess with the code? What changes did you apply to the coppermine files? What did you do to make the error turn up somewhere else? You must be doing something with the code that is wrong.

Joachim

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 06:32:45 am »

Well I seem to have gotten everything back. The only problem is the fatal error at the bottom of the gallery. The strange thing is that it shows only on some pages... I reuploaded the error file but it didn't help. Here are the files I edited:

Albums Index
Gallery Index
Themes>Water Drop>Template and Style

That's it, I think

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 06:49:42 am »

Thanks so much for all you help... please reply soon ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 07:41:53 am »

undo your modifications then (step by step, back the modified versions up). It's impossible to tell you more if you don't post your actual changes.

Joachim

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 06:12:35 am »

Can anyone help?

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 06:14:16 am »

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cpggetuserdata() (previously declared in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php:44) in /home/hduffne/public_html/iluvhil/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 44

Does this message tell you anything (like what folders to reupload and undo modifications?)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 09:40:39 am »

no, it doesn't mean anything - you're including the file twice, so the definition goes twice. There's no telling in what file this happens. Do as I suggested and roll back your changes. There's little point in requesting a second opinion - I know the software coppermine good enough to be able to judge this.

Joachim

iluvhil

• Coppermine newbie
    • iluvhil
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 09:48:44 pm »

Ok, thanks. I've decided to reupload everything and start all over. I'm only modifying the template.html and style.css under the water_drop theme. I hope it will go better this time. Thanks for all you help!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.