Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Hi I am new and need help on the following  (Read 2647 times)

waynenwendysworld

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Hi I am new and need help on the following
« on: November 08, 2004, 02:23:06 pm »

I am fully aware of that now, and I just skipped over registration terms as most people do.

Thanks for the help, I will just get them to e-mail me if they want more space with the money.

The URL link takes you to the picture, but posting the picture in another forum using IMG command does not dispaly the picture in that forum

link to picture:-

http://waynenwendysworld.co.uk/Photo/displayimage.php?pos=-2

the code to display picture
Code: [Select]
[img]http://waynenwendysworld.co.uk/Photo/displayimage.php?pos=-2[/img]

the result
(http://waynenwendysworld.co.uk/Photo/displayimage.php?pos=-2)

Hope you can help

Thanks
Wayne

Nibbler

Re: Re: Hi I am new and need help on the following
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:38:11 pm »

That is the url to the page with the pic on it, not the pic itself. You would need to obtain the url of the pic by right clicking- >properties. I believe there is also a mod/hack to display the url under the pic.

One question per thread.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Hi I am new and need help on the following
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 07:22:29 am »

please use subject lines that roughly describe the issue you're posting about. I'll bring to attention some lines you agreed to when registering for this support board:
Forum Policies

1. Read the documentation first!
The documentation that comes with coppermine should answer most newbie questions.

2. Read the FAQ

3. Search the board
The search facility on the forums is probably your best friend when having a problem, there is a good chance that someone else has had the problem you are having and that a solution has been posted before, so to try and get an answer straight away use this tool. If at first you don't seem to find what you are looking for try again with different words.

4. Read the stickies
Threads marked with a pin are listed at the very top of each board. They contain answers to many questions that were posted over and over again, or they may contain important announcements from the dev team. Make sure to read the stickies on a board before posting to it.

5. Choose the proper board for your posting
All boards have a brief description of what its threads should contain. Make sure to post in the board that fits your issue most.

6. Use a meaningfull subject line
When posting on a support board, it's very likely that you need help, as much as everyone else who looks for help there, so don't use subject like "Help me please" or "Newbie needs help". Other "bad" subject lines are "Important", "I have a little question" etc.
Instead, use a short phrase that describes your problem - this will make things easier for supporters as well as other users who might encounter a similar problem and browse the board for relevant postings.

7. Be detailed
Post as many details as possible on the issue you're facing; for a start, you should post a link to your gallery and a test user account (without admin privileges). If the page in question can't be accessed by "regular" users (e.g. admin pages), post a screenshot.

8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's recommended that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

9. Add attachments
You can add files (some file types at least) to your posting on the board. When composing a message, click on "Additional options" at the bottom left of the screen and use the "upload attachment" function there. For security reasons you can not post executables or php files - rename them to txt or put them into a zip archive instead.

Supporters are reluctant to answer the same questions over and over again. If you chose not to read the docs and search first, or if you don't stick to this board's policies it's likely to get a harsh answer, or no answer at all. Keep in mind that all who work on this project are volunteers who don't get paid.
Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.