Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to add {ALB_DESC} on the thumb page and ...  (Read 4618 times)

gorcutt

• Coppermine novice
Trying to add {ALB_DESC} on the thumb page and ...
« on: November 06, 2004, 03:38:56 am »

... It doesn't work. I just want to show the album description inside the album page, not only on the albums list page. I tried to add the tag {ALB_DESC} on the next table cell, beside the album title and it doesn't work. The tag appears on the page as it is, not as the album description. I'm really a bit lost about how, when and where to use all those available tags, not only the {ALB_DESC}.
Thanks for any help.
Guilherme
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 05:50:57 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Trying to add {ALB_DESC} on the thumb page and ...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 07:41:01 am »

the stuff in curly braces is in fact just a placeholder for actual content that has to be filled in when the theme file is being parsed - putting {ALB_DESC} into parts of the code where it hasn't been defined before is just wishfull thinking. If you take a look at how it's being filled with a value:
Code: [Select]
'{ALB_DESC}' => $album['album_desc'],in the function theme_display_album_list() that is only being taken into account in the index, but not on displayimage.php, it should become obvious that you will have to come up with more than just a placeholder in curly braces to accomplish what you're looking for.

Joachim

gorcutt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 02:35:33 pm »

Thanks Joachim, I think now it's time to learn a bit of PHP  ;)
Guilherme

gorcutt

• Coppermine novice
Adding album description to the album thumbs page
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 10:38:49 pm »

Hi, I thought this would be a not so hard task but I was wrong. At least for me, a complete PHP dumb. Well, I would like to add the album description the album page, on a cell beside the album title. I tried to place the {ALBUM_DESC} tag over there, but as mentioned by GauGau in my previous post, it's not that simple, as this placeholder is not defined at that point.
So I'm here asking if someone fluent in PHP can help me on this task.
Thanks a lot.
Guilherme

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adding album description to the album thumbs page
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 12:06:59 pm »

This is the "feature" requests board. If you read the board's description it should be quite obvious that no actual code will be provided here; instead this sub-board is meant for proposals for new features in future versions of coppermine. Don't expect an answer here with a solution ready to be copied and pasted. In fact I could have moved the other thread you mentioned here if I thought this would have been helpfull.

Joachim

gorcutt

• Coppermine novice
Re: Adding album description to the album thumbs page
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 02:56:09 pm »

Hey Joachim, so please move this post to the apropriate board please. I'm burning my brains with that code, I'm really in need of some help here.
Thanks.
Guilherme

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 08:06:37 am »

merged the thread from the "feature requests" board into the existing one you started on the same issue.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.