Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to combine 2 album files to 1 image  (Read 6873 times)

desert_dave

• Coppermine regular visitor
How to combine 2 album files to 1 image
« on: November 08, 2004, 12:28:02 am »

My site is all slideshows for download: http://creatingslideshows.com/coppermine/cpg132
So all the files are zip files. Now that looks like crap so I upload a thumbnail to the album to use for show. Now that creates 2 files per album, basically a lot of useless work, it's a little confusing to the users and creates a most viewed file of these useless jpg files.

Anyone know how to combine these two so the image shows and upon clicking through on it it starts the zip download?

Cheers,
desert dave
 8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 09:34:37 pm by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to combine 2 album files to 1 image
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 12:44:53 am »

What you can do is apply attributes to the ones you don't want to show up and use a filter so that they are prevented from showing up. This thread is for a similar scenario: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10087.0

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 01:14:14 am »

What you should do is apply custom thumbnails, as per this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10273.0

You then don't get the problem you have, you simply have a custom made thumb for each file.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

desert_dave

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 03:02:09 am »

Casper,
I followed the manual, uploaded a jpg called ThaiFlowers.jpg, then uploaded ThaiFlowers.zip. It does show up as one pic until you click on it, then it opens the zip file and still gives me 2 files in the album. Want I want is to super impose the jpeg over the zip so there is only 1 file, theres no need for the jpg except to hide the zip face.
-Dave.

desert_dave

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 03:23:13 am »

I just found another problem having the 2 files. When you click on most viewed you get a bunch of zip files show up and have no idea what they are. The description nor album name show up there.

Ideas anyone?
desert dave

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 07:56:10 am »

use the custom thumbnail as suggested in the docs.

Joachim

desert_dave

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 03:55:59 pm »

Joachim,
I am using a custom thumb per the instructions. I upload the jpg called ThaiFlowers.jpg, then upload the zip file called ThaiFlowers.zip.

I get 1 album with 2 files in it. As soon as you click on the thumb both files show up. And both will show up in most viewed of which the zip file is there but no name on it telling you what file it is (along with 10 others). So a viewer has to mouse over all 10 to find the right file to choose.

Please take a look to see if you need to at: http://www.creatingslideshows.com/coppermine/cpg132
ThaiFlowers is under the Premium catagory.

Thanks,
Dave  8)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 08:47:38 am »

That's not what the docs are suggesting. If you want a custom thumbnail that represents your zip archive (and nothing else), you're suppossed to ftp-upload foobar.zip and thumb_foobar.jpg to any folder within your album directory. Then use batch-add, but only add foobar.zip to your coppermine database. As thumb_foobar.jpg resides in the same folder on the server your zip file with identical "base name" resides in, it is taken into account to be the thumbnail representing the zip archive.
You're not suppossed to upload foobar.jpg and have the thumbnail created by coppermine by adding it to the database as well - that's not what is written in the docs.

HTH

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 02:18:04 pm »

That seems to be a mistake 1 or 2 people have made.

Use coppermine to delete the thumbs from the album (make a copy first if you have not still got them on your computer).
The ftp the thumbs back into the same dirctory.  Do not use batch add to put them in the database.
They should now work as expected.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

desert_dave

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 05:26:14 pm »

Gentlemen,
Nada on both ways!
I can't get it to work either way. These are the file names I'm using Thaiflowers.jpg & Thaiflowers.zip
I'm guessing that the program has to hold the jpg so you can click it as the album thumbnail but you lose it after the delete. It only shows the zip file. It's not seeing it in my album upload directory after that.

Any other idea's?
desert dave  :-\\

desert_dave

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 09:33:38 pm »

SOLVED

The jpg must be prefaced with "thumb_" and it must be lower case. There was no need to batch load, delete and re-ftp.

happy desert dave
 ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.