Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload to single album  (Read 4221 times)

loboclerk

• Coppermine newbie
Upload to single album
« on: November 06, 2004, 06:38:24 pm »

Currently "File Upload" does not designate the target album until the photos are uploaded, and we'd have to choose the album to put the photo to one by one. Not very intuitive as most users would upload photos album by album. It becomes hell when I have hundreds of albums and I'd have to locate the one I want thru an unsorted list.

I suggest an "Quick Upload to Album" button in Album List view, which leads to a normal File Upload page, except the target album is already known. I added the word "Quick" as I'd prefer editing the captions and descriptions later in a group, rather than one by one.

Just opinions from a frustrated user who just uploaded alot of photos. :P

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upload to single album
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 07:30:23 pm »

you're right and your request is very valid, although you (as coppermine admin) are advised to upload using FTP and batch-add. As "regular" users don't have this option, we'll have to look into the upload process in future versions - that's true.

Joachim

zanfar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 04:49:56 pm »

...locate the one I want thru an unsorted list.

Therein lies the other issue. This list should be absolutely sorted heierarchaily, the albums in this list should appear in the same order as those on the album page (root).

And let me add an /agree for the "Quick Upload to Album" feature request.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 05:20:20 pm »

If your talking about the album list you get when using batch upload i suggest keeping the folder structure on the FTP the same as the category album structure you use in the gallery.

And you might even want to take a look at this thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8861.0 as an extra.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 06:00:46 am »

The next version of coppermine (cpg1.4.x aka devel version) will have the mod Hein is refering to built-in for the batch-add feature and in some other places as well.

Joachim

St. Anger

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 01:00:28 pm »

Is there any tentative release date for cpg1.4.x?  cpg1.4.x has a lot of features that will be very useful to my gallery.  Thank you guys for tking the time to create such an awesome gallery system!  I went through 4 different photo galleries before I found Coppermine,a nd it's perfect other than a few minor details which cpg1.4.x  will fix. ;D

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 01:20:23 pm »

That's nice of you to say.

There's no release date for the final release of 1.4.x. We haven't released beta yet so who knows how long that will take as we have more people with more varied backgrounds/systems testing the script. There are a bunch of overachievers on the team ;), and we want to do as much as we can before the feature-freeze imposed on the beta release.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 06:39:45 pm »

However, you're welcome to head to the cpg1.4 testing/bugs board, read the sticky thread there thoroughly and download the cpg1.4.0 alpha package from it. Remember: there's a bunch of caveats, and the devel version comes without support - anyway you're welcome to test it (and even use it if you feel comfortable with alpha/beta software) - but don't say we didn't warn you ;)

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.