Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto converting Uploaded pics to JPG  (Read 19376 times)

Rakzor

• Coppermine newbie
Auto converting Uploaded pics to JPG
« on: November 05, 2004, 04:41:05 pm »

Hello,

I would like my gallery to upload any type of image files (ie: BMP, TGA, JPG, ...) but to automatically convert the uploaded pics to JPG 80% compressed pictures since BMP for instance take way too much room, and other formats can't always be read by some people.

I'm currently running a test gallery and I put the following command in ImageMagick commandline field in the coppermine config:

-antialias *.* *.jpg

but it doesnt seem to work.

Can anyone help me out?

Thx

Rakzor

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Auto converting Uploaded pics to JPG
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 04:43:47 pm »

Just to clarify, the uploading works and the image is added in the album but it remains in its original format (for instance the bmp remains a bmp instead of getting converted to jpg).

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 03:47:30 am »

Coppermine does no image type conversion during the upload process.  If you want your images as jpg, you'll have to convert them prior to uploading.

As a dev, this isn't something I consider necessary by the majority of Coppermine users, so I don't think you'll ever see this in the main code.  However, you may find someone to assist you with the code required.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Rakzor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 06:44:30 pm »

Well the thing is when you have a public gallery on a site to allow other people than you to post pictures, it makes things a lot easier.

For instance I'm opening a gallery for online gamers to post their screenshots. Most games make screenshots in various formats such as BMP, TGA, ... which take to much room hosting because of their weight. Being able to to convert the pics to jpg would allows the albums to weight a lot less without having to ask each user to convert each pic...

I mean the tech is already there since Image Magick is used, you'd just need to tell Image Magick to always convert the pics to jpg, I'm sure this feature would save up a lot of diskspace and bandwidth for many public gallery hosts.

Coppermine does no image type conversion during the upload process.  If you want your images as jpg, you'll have to convert them prior to uploading.

As a dev, this isn't something I consider necessary by the majority of Coppermine users, so I don't think you'll ever see this in the main code.  However, you may find someone to assist you with the code required.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 06:52:51 pm »

When you take a screenshot in Windows and paste it in Paint or whatever, you can save it as jpg from the get-go. Tell your users that. Cut out the extra step.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.