Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme help and picture display help  (Read 5852 times)

Supportyourproduct

• Coppermine newbie
Theme help and picture display help
« on: November 05, 2004, 03:56:43 am »

hi everyone!

Here my issue,

I uploaded a new theme for 1.3 to my ftp. ( Blue_tatoo ) I went to my config setting and changed the gallery from default to the new one. The theme didn't show up, it only went back to the default setting. Should I have edited something? or changed a setting?

Also when I click on an image in my gallery ( http://www.extremerigs.com/main/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=20&pos=0 ) the picture will not expand. I get an error " Image can not be displayed " any reason for this? Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 07:11:22 am by GauGau »
We are unable to announce the weather. We depend on weather reports from the airport, which is closed, due to weather. Whether we will be able to give you a weather report tomorrow will depend on the weather.

- Arab News report

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Theme help and picture display help
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 04:02:42 am »

Sorry, but we do not (and cannot since we don't know it) support nuke versions of coppermine at this standalone board. Please refer to http://cpgnuke.com

Supportyourproduct

• Coppermine newbie
Glad to see there is help in here NOT
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 06:29:35 am »

I posted a question about my coppermine install, but didn't get an answer. All I got was a tip to head to another site because who ever it was that replied said no one here knows about coppermine for nuke. Some one here must know something because when I click the coppermine link at the bottom of my installed nuke version it takes me here.

It would have been great if who ever it was that turned my question to invalid could have placed my post in the right spot. Oh well, because I have no idea what the hell I am doing I will post it here and then maybe something will happen.

Installing theme's ... Do I have to edit anything or do I just install and change it in the config? Its not working when I do that it will just go back to default.
Also when clicking on an image to get full size I get a blank screen with can not view this image.  I have all the config settings to default at this time.

Any real help would be great. Thanks everyone but one. :)
We are unable to announce the weather. We depend on weather reports from the airport, which is closed, due to weather. Whether we will be able to give you a weather report tomorrow will depend on the weather.

- Arab News report

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Glad to see there is help in here NOT
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 06:36:33 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10539.0
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2277.0

Thats's just wishfull thinking. Sorry you can't accept an answer. We simply don't know the nuked version, so we can't help you. It's sad that nuke support has been abandoned, but I know who is to blame: the nuke users - they are all takers, no givers... Your behaviour and attitude shows this clearly as well.
Merged your postings. Bye.

Joachim

Supportyourproduct

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 10:08:15 am »

How am I a taker? That is very adult of you to say.
All I asked was a simple question about something that is free online. If I had to pay for it I would. And I would have before I found out who I would be supporting! If its cocky people like yourself then hell no I won't donate. And I do donate all the time to coders who release software.

So thanks for the hard work! Great job!

Should be nicer to people, you ever know who they are and what they could and have given back to the cause! Also could help you out if you made a bigger statement in the downloads to let some of us know you don't support the nuke version. Notice you get alot of questions about it.

So right now as it stands I have downloaded your stand alone version and I have it running right now. SO, without becoming a prick about this I will donate at some point. All depends on the support I would get in the future.

Here is my question. Adding a home page link to the top of my page? Not the home to the gallery but to my site's main page. I'm not a power user so I couldn't find it even though I did look.
You help would be great and I thank you all in advance.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 10:16:03 am by Vandalizer »

- Arab News report

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 07:10:40 am »

• We don't accept donations. If you want to donate, choose a local charity project, or an open source project coppermine is losely connected to (by using parts of the source), e.g. PHP, phpMyAdmin etc. Threatening support here not to donate if we don't support you "properly" seems a bit inappropriate, don't you think?
  • Do you suggest we should remove the nuke port from the download section? Guess we should, but that's against open source spirit.
  • We have a "one question per thread" policy on this board (and yes, you should know about it - after all, you agreed to the policy when registering your account on this board.
  • Adding a link pointing to any page to the coppermine navigation is quite easy (and has been asked and answered before many times): edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php and add
    Code: [Select]
    <a href="your_link.html" title="your title">your link text</a>right after
    Code: [Select]
    // HTML template for main menu
    $template_main_menu = <<<EOT
                    <span class="topmenu">
  • I think you have a view of open source software that differs from ours. Again I have to advice you to review your attitude.
Joachim

P.S. Locking this thread now

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 09:22:08 am »

This is what "Supportyourproduct" PMed me:
Quote from: Supportyourproduct
I would like to start off by saying thanks for the tip you gave me about the html header for my site.

Second, you gave me shit about something after I got a BS post reply. As you I admin a few sites and I know how some people can take it the wrong way when you say you can't. If you asked me a question (My first post) about something I have designed and I said to you sorry but I don't deal with that nor do I know how to I would tend to think you would look at me or my site/business as useless.  Regardless if you look at only the stand alone version of your software or not, your link just so happens to be at the bottom of the nuke verison as well. Which is why I asked the question where I did. If you had a question about a ford your wouldn't go to Gm would you? Right, so you can see how people would mistake your site for the one they are supposed to go to inorder to get the right answers to the questions they have.

As for flaming, I really don't think you have a clue what the word flame is on a forum if that is what you call a flame. I simply said that after using your software it would depend on how the tech service is before I would even think about donating. If you went to a store and got yelled at by the people working tjere would you go back? Don't think so...

So whatever, I will find tech support elsewhere. Because it looks like you have no idea how to treat people.

Good job on the Gallery it looks great.
You should take your name off it though because you can support the stuff that is downloaded for your site.

But yeah

If you would have bothered to read the sticky thread I refered to, you would have found out that the link on the nuke-port of coppermine that points to this page is there for historical reasons, that's why we have to tell people who turn up here looking for nuke support there's no support for it. I think you don't quite understand what open source means: we're no company, we don't get paid. Comparing an open source project to a company is wrong in the first place. There are a lot of great software projects that come with absolutely no support at all. Try to show this attitude to Microsoft, and see how far you get there... :o

I told you there is no nuke support here because there actually is no nuke support here; not because I don't want to support it, but because I can't.
Go to Ford and ask them for support on a "Ford T" - you'll only find out the engineer who built it died in 1951, and they'll regret to tell you that they won't support it.

Joachim

P.S. You're right - I have no idea how to treat people - obviously you have written the book on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.