Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: two servers  (Read 4202 times)

davidshook

• Coppermine newbie
two servers
« on: November 05, 2004, 03:06:12 am »

I am considering instaingl CM 1.3 since I need the video gallery feature.

The problem is that I have large amount of video clips and so far have had to used multiple servers to manage the bandwith.

My question is how can I do this with CM? My understanding is (from using an older version for the image gallery) is that the picture files have to be on the same server that CM is installed on.
I am assuming that this probably applies to video files as well.

This is the biggest reason so far for not using the new CM version.

I was considering installing CM on all the servers and having individual galleries on all of them... This is basically means that gallery1 on server1 would have video clips 1-25; gallery2 on server2 would have videos 26-50 and so on. However, I could not think of anyway to integrate the galelries from the different servers.

I would appreciate any response or suggestion.
I am assuming that others may have a similar problem since videos are bandwidth heavy.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: two servers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 06:14:51 am »

You're right, Coppermine has to reside on the same server the files reside on, and there's no known workaround to have different installs on different servers with a way of linking them together. However there are webhosts who can provide bandwidth-intensive webspace (using a cluster hosting solution). Coppermine runs on such a cluster solution here at sourceforge.net. This is basically a matter of finding a good webhost imo. Maybe the solution would be using a dedicated server instead of virtual hosting... What kind of bandwidth usage do you expect, i.e. what traffic do you expect?

Joachim

davidshook

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 03:24:16 am »

You're right, Coppermine has to reside on the same server the files reside on, and there's no known workaround to have different installs on different servers with a way of linking them together. However there are webhosts who can provide bandwidth-intensive webspace (using a cluster hosting solution). Coppermine runs on such a cluster solution here at sourceforge.net. This is basically a matter of finding a good webhost imo. Maybe the solution would be using a dedicated server instead of virtual hosting... What kind of bandwidth usage do you expect, i.e. what traffic do you expect?

Joachim

I am getting about 2-3 gig a day and occasionally much more than than. I am not sure how using a dedicated server would solve this (I don't realy inderstand that stuff). My understanding is that a dedicated server still charges the same for bandwith... so not sure how this would solve bandwith issues.

Anyways, I updated to CM 1.3 (which a greate program)... but not using it for video gallery. So far I am only using it for the picture gallery. FOr the videos, I converted phpbb to do the work. Next I plan to bridg the 2, but I am not sure how the 2 program would interact - according to many of the post people encounter a few small problems. I am currently testing this on a different server, but since this realy just a hobby and I am not a 'computer guy' it will take me a while before I'll finish the testing. .
(http://twistedzone.net).

kitt1977

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 06:46:12 pm »

We have a site with party pictures ... 

www.partyghost.be  coppermine resides on  http://pictures.partyghost.be  .

We have soms bandwith trouble en cpu load problem .. our webhost put's the site online if daylimit is reached or cpu load is to big .

I'v made soms little mods in .htaccess and coppermin itself ( disable random and last uploaded etc ) .

These are current bandwith and hit statistics .

Is this normal ??

Statistic overview for partyghost.be:

Welcome to the statistics for partyghost.be. This page will display the most common needed information, if you need more specific / historic information please use the navigation bar.

Traffic Overview:

Uniques: Pageviews: Hits: Transfer:
Today 217 29982 175458 6.85 GB
Thursday 386 52511 283160 9.51 GB
Wednesday 442 52937 311279 11.17 GB
Tuesday 457 20698 136578 3.90 GB

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 01:54:12 pm »

don't double-post. You already got a reply on the other thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.