Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: categories..  (Read 4613 times)

aionxn

• Coppermine newbie
categories..
« on: November 04, 2004, 12:35:36 am »

i finally got coppermine gallery installed and it works with ibp integration  ;D loving coppermine gallery so far...i've created categories...

Anime
   Manga
   CG
   Cute
   Wallpapers
   Merchandise
   Cosplay
   Freestyle

thats my list of categories i've created so far...but..i found that i have to create albums in the catgegories in order to upload images =\. well, i dont want to create sections (albums) in those categories because it would be weird because i just want all anime images in "Anime" and manga images in "Manga". is there a way to make it so i can upload images in the categories rather than creating albums?

here is a great example of what talking about..

http://www.hongfire.com/gallery/?

see their gallery? (scroll down a bit) they have categories but when you go into a category, there are no albums (sections) and their images are right in the category...hope you understand what im trying to sy ahaha...just got back from skool and really tired so...if you dont understand, please tell me. btw, that site uses Photopost and i was going to get that but i have to pay. i really want to use coppermine gallery for the next few years, but if it doesnt satisfy me,  :-\\ i duno... anyways, please help! ;D

aionxn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: categories..
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:35:55 am »

anyone?  :-\\

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 05:24:35 am »

Why don't you just create an album for each type of image instead of a category for each one?

Categories will never hold images, that's what albums are for.  Categories are normally used to group similar albums together.

BTW: Expect at least a day before a dev replies to your post, not a few hours.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:30:51 am »

I agree with kegobeer.

You should delete the categorie, and just create albums with the same names.  They will then act as you want.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 01:52:18 pm »

As much as I understand that it's probably easier to handle (for the programmers) the "categories have no pictures" rule: it would be more familiar for coppermine users if it would be the other way, like everyone knows it from his computers filesystem: directories (categories) can hold pictures (files) and further directories (categories/albums). Feature request for coppermine 2.0 ::)  

To that case above: sure the best way would be albums instead of categories.

But imagine you have uploaded lots of pics inside your album "Wallpapers". And after some time you think it would be good to make an extra album for all pics of "Dragonball" wallpapers because you have so much of them...
Ok, you could start a new category "Wallpapers" with 2 albums, for example "Wallpapers div." and "Wallpapers Dragonball".
The effect to the start page is: you have the "Wallpapers" category on top of your page - instead of the first Album "Anime" that supposed to be first on the list, so you finally end up with only categories in the root level of the gallery and maybe just one album inside, just to keep your start page tidy.

Get my point?

Maybe it would be helpfull (another feature request) categories and albums could be placed in a free order?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 03:28:39 pm »

both the features you request are already being considered (and discussed in the closed dev board) for future versions of coppermine, but are not that easy to implement (as both changes to the code in various places  as well as the overall database structure would be necessary), so don't expect to see those features in the near future.

Joachim

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 04:22:59 pm »

Somehow I expected that answer, at least the second part  ::)

But good to know you consider to implement it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.