Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG Coppermine 1.3.2 in french.php and french-utf-8.php language files.  (Read 3525 times)

blup1980

• Coppermine newbie

Hello

please add :
Code: [Select]
  'ISO'=>'ISO',
at line 617
this line miss into lang/french.php and in lang/french-utf-8.php, but not in lang/english.php

thanks

blup

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: BUG Coppermine 1.3.2 in french.php and french-utf-8.php language files.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:39:29 pm »

It seems tobe missing from many language files, making me think it was added to the english.php after it was sent to the translators prior to the release of 1.3.0.

I have updated the French files in the cvs.

Thank you for your report.

Note to other devs, I will add this to all stable language files (but it will say 'ISO' regardless of actual translation)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 01:45:38 pm by Casper »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 03:34:54 pm »

uh-oh. Be extra carefull when editing the language files... :o
I would have fixed it the other way round: if no translation is available, don't show the iso line (as it is visible only in the picinfo section anyway).
I guess it has been added to the the english language file after the feature freeze, so let's shake the naughty finger at the dev who did ;), but leave things as they are (after all it's only as cosmetical issue, the word "iso" will be missing from the small print of a page - I'd rather have this in the "known issues" section of the cpg1.3.2 docs).

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 06:31:20 pm »

ok, I see the logic in what you say.  Luckily I had only done and committed a few, before I had to stop.  Do you want me to roll these back, or leave them now.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 09:20:44 pm »

If you're sure your fixes haven't broken anything I suggest you don't roll back; after all it's up to you if you continue fixing. I just wanted to point out that fixing language files can be tricky, as there might be issues that are not visible in the first place - I have broken language files in the past by "fixing" them, as encoding can cause "strange" issues.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 12:05:39 pm »

I've rolled back the 3 languages I could not be sure about (arabic and the 2 Chinese), and added this issue into the docs 'Known Issues', stable version only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.