Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-card sent and received...NOTHING appears in e-mail  (Read 6207 times)

phcreatives

• Coppermine newbie
E-card sent and received...NOTHING appears in e-mail
« on: October 31, 2004, 01:34:02 pm »

Newbie, of course.  I sent a couple of test cards.  Sent and received fine.  No errors.  Cards are visible in Admin.  However, recipient gets nothing in the body of the e-mail.  Any ideas???  I've been all over the board, with no luck.

Please help!

Thanks!

T-

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: E-card sent and received...NOTHING appears in e-mail
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 02:21:13 pm »

can the recipient display html-formatted emails in his email client. Did you test with various email addresses and clients (or webmail user interfaces)? Usually this is a client side issue, which will (hopefully) be fixed in the next version of coppermine, where email will be sent both in plain text and html format (no release date known yet).

Joachim

phcreatives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 05:08:47 pm »

Yes, client can.  I sent to 2 of my e-mails.  Both Outlook, and set to HTML.  Perhaps I should send to a GMAIL account to verify?  Will attempt.

Thanks for the help!

T-

phcreatives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 06:54:38 pm »

Well, when sent to GMail, alll it shows is/are the graphic icons.  At least I get the Click Here to View text there.  Any Ideas?

phcreatives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 07:06:45 pm »

can the recipient display html-formatted emails in his email client. Did you test with various email addresses and clients (or webmail user interfaces)? Usually this is a client side issue, which will (hopefully) be fixed in the next version of coppermine, where email will be sent both in plain text and html format (no release date known yet).

Joachim

2 things that I see:

1.  SMTP areas are empty (i.e. host, user, pword)

2.  This code follows: // Custom mail function

function cpg_mail($to, $subject, $msg_body, $type = 'text/plain', $sender_name = '', $sender_email = '')

{

Would the text/plain stop it from embedding?

Thanks again!

T-

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 03:05:59 pm »

1) leaving the smtp fields blank means you're using sendmail - as suggested in the coppermine documentation. As the emails are being sent, this is no matter of concern for you
2) This is the regular php syntax for a function. It means "if no sender name has been specified, user the sender name "blank". However: if a sender name has been specified, it will be used. This line of code is not related to what you're reporting. Gmail will filter html formatted emails, as it considers pics in html emails webbugs it won't display them. That's expected behaviour. There's nothing that can be done (at least in the current version of coppermine) about this issue. In fact (in the days of SPAM and the internet getting flooded with billions of ube every day), the ecard feature doesn't make any sense - nobody wants to receive an ecard, no matter how nicely it is being formatted.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.