Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client software for batch upload  (Read 2834 times)

loboclerk

• Coppermine newbie
Client software for batch upload
« on: October 31, 2004, 03:01:09 am »

Hoping there'll be a client-side application that can batch upload/name new photos. Something like a drag-and-drop interface. Example is seen in Gallery Remote. Very useful if behind firewall and everything is blocked other than HTTP. (so FTP is out of the question, and uploading via the web forms are painfully slow and tedious)  :\'(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Client software for batch upload
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 08:56:45 am »

using forms is slow because the pics have to be uploaded, won't improve when using another application. However, menalto galleriy's remote is a niece piece of software. Sad thing is: there are no Java coders around who would be willing to code a similar thing for coppermine. I remember a thread on the old board where someone had hacked the gallery remote to work with coppermine as well though...

Joachim

loboclerk

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Client software for batch upload
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:58:50 pm »

Hi Joachim,

Due to certain limitations (firewall blocking FTP, etc) the users may be forced to use the forms. Upload speed can then be improved on the user's side by removing the need to manually select each file when all he/she needed was to upload an entire folder of maybe 100 files.

Think its a viable option. I'll think of a Java or Flash client and try it out on my site first. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.