Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking on Thumbnail gives Pop up of Full Size  (Read 3729 times)

Virogen

• Coppermine newbie
Clicking on Thumbnail gives Pop up of Full Size
« on: October 31, 2004, 04:19:03 am »

Hi guys,

OK, I know this question has been asked before, but as far as I can tell there isn't a solution in any of the threads.

I've set up the following test page: http://movies.trekpulse.com/template-movies.html 

Now when someone clicks on a thumbnail, it opens the larger version up inside the frame.  But since the image is wider than the frame, you have to scroll to see it all, which is unacceptable.  But when you click on that full size one, you can get a pop up of the large version.

Now, how can I bypass this intermediate step?  That is, when someone clicks on one of my thumbnails, how can I get the large image to pop up automatically?

If this isn't possible in Coppermine, is there another photo album out there that you know can do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Clicking on Thumbnail gives Pop up of Full Size
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 08:06:03 am »

I suggest you cure the core problem: most web designers say "frames suck", and you just discovered one of the reasons why they say so. You have to learn to live with the issue, by reducing the intermediate dimensions to a size that will fit into your frame. You can easily get rid of frames, using php include techniques.
Modifying coppermine the way you suggest is possible, but requires some extra work nobody has been ready to do yet. Why not be the first to accomplish this hack and make others benefit from your work by posting your solution?
There surely are other galleries that feature a thumbnail -> full size pop-up, but you have to understand that we (the coppermine dev team) hardly look into other galleries, nor do the people who have chosen to use coppermine (and only those come here to this board). If you're looking for another gallery app, browse the lists on sourceforge, hotscripts or php resource index...

Joachim

P.S. If you know this has been asked before, why don't you reply to a thread where this has been requested instead of starting your own thread?

Virogen

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Clicking on Thumbnail gives Pop up of Full Size
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 09:05:21 pm »

I really wish I had the knowledge to fix it.  I just started programming machine code and assembly...  Next week I learn C++ basics.  I tried tracing through the displayimage.php, but I just don't have enough experience to recognize what enough of it means or understand the format to allow me to edit it without causing errors...

So I take it this isn't something being planned for a future Coppermine release?  Cause if it was I'd gladly wait because it seems like a superb piece of software.

I started a new thread because in my experience resurrecting dead threads doesn't get anyone's attention...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.